VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I recently moved to Auckland from the UK. I used to make a living baking vegan cakes and cupcakes, mainly supplied through a shop in London called Vx but also special order celebration cakes etc..

I just wanted to ask the opinion of you knowledgable folk as to whether you think there would be a demand for this in Auckland? I can ask around the cafe's, markets etc, but what about a website you can place individual orders for speciality cakes & other baked goods? (I make cookies, marshmallows, brownies, meringues etc etc)

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
4,482 Posts
Hi , and welcome Housee .

Don't know much about the cake scene in Auckland .

There is a big market in the corporate business area for "celebration" cakes (birthdays, goal settings etc) .

The website with photos ,with what you bake could take off , also , if you door knock with samples at some off the corporate places you might pick up orders .

Wish yuh luck

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
You could try some of the supermarkets such as Harvest Wholefoods, Huckleberry Farms, and perhaps try the markets too, you could have your own stall at one of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.