VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,I got my vital wheat gluten and my nutritional yeast (had to order from Amazon 'cuz I could't find em at Whole Foods). Got em in the veggie broth now. Wish me luck, please! Not sure how it's gonna turn out but I'm hopeful!

Any ideas about what to do with it once I got it perfected? I'm thinking BBQ sandwhiches but appreciate all ideas!!

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
BBQ sandwiches are good...I like lemon-garlic seitan (lemon, garlic, pepper, salt, nutritional yeast and oil) served with quinoa and greens.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you season it after it's cooked? Or during? I made 1/2 of the recipe, but still have a lot to do with what I please. I need some ideas on what do with it! LOL

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm gonna watch this thread cause I just made seitan for the first time myself tonite. Lemon Pepper with veggies and rice. Turned out pretty tasty!

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
good luck.....I dont cook but my sweetie whos non-veg but cooks and eats veg does and he has made me bbq seitan and peppers and it was soooo yummy in the tummy.

peace

·
Riot Nrrrd
3,180 Posts
Super quick 'n simple: tear the prepared seitan into chunks, simmer in a sauce until warm, pour over rice. That's it. Use a jarred sauce and you have a nearly effortless meal.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in MPLS View Post

Super quick 'n simple: tear the prepared seitan into chunks, simmer in a sauce until warm, pour over rice. That's it. Use a jarred sauce and you have a nearly effortless meal.
I think I may have done something wrong, because I didn't end up with chunks. I ended up with what looks like ground meat crumbles. I threw some in my pasta last night, but wondering what I did wrong to get this texture? It was still tasty, just not what I expected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts