• The pointy end

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other technique (post it!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I am proud to say that I recently refined my banana opening ways! I can now do it WITHOUT a knife!

(oh come on! it's a big thing for me! a use to not be able to do it!)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
In all honesty, it takes me forever to get the banana open, and by then it's all squished, so I usually try about four different things before I get there. But I usually start at the stem... and progress (sort of) from there.

·
Banned
559 Posts
i usually use a knife actually (if i'm in a civilized area that is)..and i will cut the banana up peice by peice as i eat it.

i have this thing about cutting things up....i hate to get stuff stuck in my teeth, so i 9 times out of ten will cut my food up. yup.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just curiosity - I'm interested in the demography of it. I used to be a pointy-end guy but years ago I converted to stem-end.

Funki don't you know that you have CANINE teeth just like carnivores?? You are supposed to TEAR your food with it!! We evolved this way, you must do it - it's a scientific fact!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by That Alpaca Guy

I am proud to say that I recently refined my banana opening ways! I can now do it WITHOUT a knife!

(oh come on! it's a big thing for me! a use to not be able to do it!)
How do you do it without a knife?!
I can't--I smooosh the end if I try.

·
Registered
415 Posts
umm...I guess I do it the boring way. At the stem without the use of any knives or anything. I have razor sharp finger nails though...so that might explain why I don't have to use a knife

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Stem end. I usually spend about 2 or 3 minutes trying to tear it open, then resort to a knife or scissors (if I'm at work), so it's all mushy by the time I get to it. Don't really mind, though--I actually prefer my bananas bruised up.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts