VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not a joke. It's a real news article. Some people are unhinged. Then some people are really, really unhinged.

"Astro-nut" Lisa Nowak drove 1,450-kilometre dressed in a wig, nappies and a trenchcoat to kidnap and eliminate her imagined "love rival". When arrested her car was found to contain capsicum spray, a BB-gun, a steel mallet, knife and rubber tubing. Apparently her love interest, a man she described as having "more than a friendship but less than a romance" with was not interested in her at all, but in someone else (someone a little saner perhaps?), so she decided to take measures to fix all that.

Full articles here.

Sydney Morning Herald

love mission out of control

Daily Telegraph (Sydney paper also)

Astronaut hunted love rival

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep. Adult diapers, the ones normal astronauts wear into space.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
She wore the diapers so she wouldn't have to stop for bathroom breaks, I read. I'm not sure if she made the trek on a single tank of gas or if she had to stop to fill up somewhere.

·
Registered
264 Posts
1. they are going to say women are unstable and cannot be trusted to be astronauts.

2. if you are going to confront your love interest's love interest, for the love of Pete put on some lipstick and fix your hair. at least try to look like you are stiff competition.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yeah, I heard about this yesterday and was shocked, though I love hearing really weird stories.

My sister and I discussed what she was supposedly planning to "do" with that rubber tubing when she arrived at the woman's house... hmm...

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
My H mentioned tonight how astronauts supposedly don't always report (psychological) issues they might be having in fear of...what? not being able to do what the love to do etc. He was reading something on the net about it. How having such experiences could affect a person.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Since astronauts use them, I suppose she probably grabbed whatever was handy. If she were a nurse, she'd have had access to a catheter and might have taken one.

·
Registered
264 Posts
there's a huge parade/block party/drinking fest here for st.patty's day. the lines are really long for the really grody port-o-pottys (we always bring the RV so we don't have to use them) one year, a girl thought she'd be smart and wear adult diapers. long story short, she got wasted, and blew up her nappy. it was classic.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I read an interesting comment in The New York Times. Someone that astronauts devote years of their lives to going into space, they go, and then what? It could be pretty upsetting to complete your life goal at a young age and then just have a normal life to look forward to.

I don't really have a point, I just found that thought-provoking.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
>>I think that the psychotic should be involuntarily institutionalized.

They are clearly one of the most virulent dangers in contemporary society.>>

The murder rate amongst schizophrenics is similar to that of the general population. You have picked an odd paranoia. Maybe you should make an appointment with a psychiatrist in your area.

ebola

1 - 20 of 35 Posts