VeggieBoards banner

Are you against wearing fur

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I am trying so hard to get Ebay to stop allowing the sale new and vintage fur on their site worldwide.
Most of the fur in the west comes from fur farms in China where the animals are subjected to horrifying cruelty including being skinned alive.
If you care about this issue, would you please sign my petition at change.org stop ebay selling new and vintage fur.
I also ask that you email ebay at [email protected] and ask them to ban all sales of fur.
Thank you for your time
love Patti xxxx
 

·
Ex-*****
Joined
·
5,391 Posts
MOD POST
I've moved this from another forum and changed the title. Hope this is okay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Not to be a douche, but this is completely futile. You think ebay will sacrifice even 0.5% of their profit because of some emails? Money is their only motivation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
I think if you tried to get them to stop selling products made in sweatshops or something similar, that might work. Unfortunately, though, not enough people are behind the cause of animal rights to change a multi-billion dollar company.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Why aren't you trying to stop the fur suppliers? ebay, to my knowledge, doesn't buy products to sell. Products are sold on ebay by private citizens and retailers. When you start trying to stop people from doing something that is legal, you are stepping on the rights of the individual. Sorry, but that won't fly. I don't support the fur industry by any means, but this is like telling people they can't walk down the public sidewalk imo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless we make a stand somewhere, nothing will ever change. We would still have slaves if William Wilberforce hadn't believed in change. There would be no prison reform without Elizabeth Fry. etc etc all through History. With respect you are wrong about there not being enough people who care about animals out there. We are each doing the best we can but it is a huge undertaking. My first crusade is to get Ebay to stop fur sales on their sites worldwide and I believe if enough people show they are against this vile trade, it will work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rocket79 have you ever thought that a lot of things which are legal are also morally bad. And, don't forget what is legal in one country can be illegal in another. Do you think it is wrong or right to have the death penalty? It is legal in parts of America and banned in Britain. An even bigger example; In Germany in the 30s and 40s it was legal to torture and murder Jews, what type of sidewalk analogy would you be making in legal matters of this kind?

Animals are Skinned Alive on Chinese Fur Farms how can you talk about taking away a person's legal rights and this brutal trade in the same breath?
Take a look at the video on UTUBE, then please sign my petition on Change.org
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,385 Posts
done!

the more people thet see against it the more likely they will stop. never undeestimate the power of sending emails. we are the potential customers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A big thank you to all who signed and who wrote to Ebay. As an add on to my original reply to Rocket and Property, Ebay recently banned the sale of all ivory, not just new ivory. This was in response to public pressure against the ivory trade. Ants Can move mountains, we just have to be determined enough. I got into this a year ago when a friend asked me to sign an anti fur petition. Up until then, I thought like the average Joe, a little uneasy because it's bad to kill things for fashion. I never for a moment believed that such vile inhumane cruelty was the norm in the fur trade. The PETA video shocked me to the core of my being. I am not being dramatic, it will haunt me until the day I die and it is never too far away in my thoughts. I feel so helpless and small against this tide of brutal wickedness and I know what I am doing won't make a big difference, but I have to try. Please help me by signing my petition and please ask your friends and people on your social networking sites to sign too. The link for my petition is http://www.change.org/petitions/ebay...site-worldwide
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Property Is Robbery View Post

Not to be a douche, but this is completely futile. You think ebay will sacrifice even 0.5% of their profit because of some emails? Money is their only motivation.
Yeah they will.

They stopped allowing items I bought through them because they weren't politically correct. I no longer patronize them because of this decision.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

Yeah they will.

They stopped allowing items I bought through them because they weren't politically correct. I no longer patronize them because of this decision.
What politically incorrect items did they stop selling? Im just curious
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

What politically incorrect items did they stop selling? Im just curious
Shotgun hulls and brass for cartridges... one of my other hobbies reloading. According to ebay ammo related = bad. I shoot trap for fun instead of playing golf.
I also like to go the the cowboy action shoots as well.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

Shotgun hulls and brass for cartridges... one of my other hobbies reloading. According to ebay ammo related = bad. I shoot trap for fun instead of playing golf.
I also like to go the the cowboy action shoots as well.
How in the hell is that politically incorrect?
Hope they never get a look inside my gun vault, I could supply a small army. (Class 3 collector)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

How in the hell is that politically incorrect?
Hope they never get a look inside my gun vault, I could supply a small army. (Class 3 collector)
Guns R Bad don't you know, lol. I don't know seems to be one of those decisive issues. BTW I'm quite jealous, I'd love to have some class 3 firearms... someday.

I can see someone like ebay not wanting to sell ammo, but reloading components, really?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

Guns R Bad don't you know, lol. I don't know seems to be one of those decisive issues. BTW I'm quite jealous, I'd love to have some class 3 firearms... someday.

I can see someone like ebay not wanting to sell ammo, but reloading components, really?
So, you are saying that I might have an issue finding ammo for my home defense gun on E-bay?


Attachment 16857
LL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,262 Posts
I'd lobby Amazon first, as it's a lot harder to regulate individual sellers. They were featuring a real fur-trimmed coat on the homepage yesterday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Peace, that is exactly what I am going to do. I tried sending messages to the fur sellers on Ebay and got abuse from them, then Ebay told me I was breaking their spamming rules. It is sad to say, but these greedy shallow people will come up with any excuse and will never stop on their own, they will have to be made to stop and that is why I started my petition. If I can get enough signatures, Ebay will have to think again. Please sign if you haven't already done so, and please email Ebay at [email protected] If they think enough people don't want fur on the site, they will ban the sales. It breaks my heart to think of what those poor animals go through before they die. Nothing that has a nervous system and the ability to feel pain should be subjected to the brutality and vile cruelty so that some stupid ***** can wear fur.
The link is http://www.change.org/petitions/ebay...site-worldwide
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top