VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of the most barbaric treatment of animals I've seen comes from countries such as China. I don't want to seem racist or presumptuous here, but is it bred into their culture to be so brutal towards animals? I'm not naive, I know animals all over the world are slaughtered and such. I don't know, maybe it's propaganda, but I've seen a lot of nasty practices from China.

·
Banned
170 Posts
Yes you are very right. Some of Chinese rural people enjoy killing animals in brutal way.

Also in Korea , a dog is beaten , tortured brutally for two hours to make meat taste good. I think only devils can perform such acts. or even devil will feel shy infront of such people.

Why do you say it could be propaganda, when you can see it is for real.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
They are no more or less brutal than us, they just do it to different animals [raccoons, dogs, cats].

The U.S. pumps out videos of them being horrid to the animals of their country to take eyes off of how we treat animals.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornveggieboy View Post

Yes you are very right. Some of Chinese rural people enjoy killing animals in brutal way.

Also in Korea , a dog is beaten , tortured brutally for two hours to make meat taste good. I think only devils can perform such acts. or even devil will feel shy infront of such people.

Some Americans like killing animals in a brutal way too.

And if you're upset about the way dogs are treated, what about veal? Or the fur industry?

Calling people the devil is pretty ignorant.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornveggieboy View Post

Well if that the footage on their atrocities is in fact no different to the same practices in other countries, just highlighted more.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Most of the violent images we see from China were shot in live food markets. In poorer countries, such markets were traditionally the way for customers to be assured their meat was fresh. America and Europe had very similar markets before the advent of refridgeration.

These images are out in the open and are easier for photographers to document, wheras Western - style slaughterhouses and factory farms conceal their activities and for biosecurity purposes typically aren't open to the public.

Generally Western-style cruelty is harder to document because it occurs out of the line of sight. It would be difficult for a photographer to capture the disposition of unwanted litters of kittens or dogfighting matches because they occur on private property. I'd wager the things you would see in some areas of the US would match what happens to domestic pets and wildlife in live markets.

Many Chinese and Korean people are trying to save animals, but animal advocacy often comes at great personal risk to them because of the differences in world governments.

How to Help Animals in China

http://www.animalpeoplenews.org/99/1/editorial.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts