VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other fans? I guess most people have had 'em in a spinach/artichoke dip somewhere along the way, but I just introduced my friend to the joys of whole, steamed artichokes. You peel off the leaves one by one and bite off the "meat," then at the end you get the best part: the heart. Excellent dipped in vegan mayo and/or vegan garlic "butter." Easy to make and fun to eat. Mmmmm.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I love them, too ... enough to spend the time it takes to peel them and remove the choke.

They're definitely good steamed (esp. with a squeeze of lemon juice and drizzle of olive oil) and I've also braised them with tomatoes and olive oil.

Well, it's settled then. I'm going to the Farmer's Market Saturday to buy some.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
I love artichokes! Every time they're on sale here, I'll get 3 or 4 and cook them up. They don't last long because I'll eat these things for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack...

Hub says they're too much work for such little food and my sister calls them "a reason to eat mayonnaise" but what do they know (besides, "not a dang thing"
)? I think artichokes are little bits of heaven tucked into edible flower form and I could eat one every day and not get tired of them.

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm...

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
LOVE THEM
I steam them and have used lemon juice on them. I do eat them with butter though. Have you Hollandase sauce(assuming you'd eat that-sorry I'm ovo-lacto).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts