367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FafaFrappy View Post

Yeah.. it's ridiculously hot.
But the rest of the year is soo nice!

And as far as Extreme Pita...
Never heard of it...

try: http://www.azvegan.com
Extreme Pita is by a huge movie theater....I cannot remember what else. It's in Scottsdale. You can chose a ww or white pita and get it filled with anything. They'll fry up veggies and have one half of the grill for no meat--they use different spatulas so nothing mixes. It's really good---I don't think the pitas have any dairy!

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clusswoman View Post

Hey--I'm moving to Phoenix on August 30th!!! We just bought a house in Peoria by the Terramar Elementary school. Anyone live near there? Seemed a bit hot when I was visiting last week...I was almost crawling...

What about Extreme Pita? Is that vegan?
I live directly south of where you are moving about 18 miles on the loop. I just moved here too. It is hot, but not anything that I can't handle. Living here means a much calmer winter than what I am used to!
I adore Phoenix now that I have gotten out and around and found where things are... Haven't been to Scottsdale so I haven't seen that pita place either.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystmDwnGrl2 View Post

I live directly south of where you are moving about 18 miles on the loop. I just moved here too. It is hot, but not anything that I can't handle. Living here means a much calmer winter than what I am used to!
I adore Phoenix now that I have gotten out and around and found where things are... Haven't been to Scottsdale so I haven't seen that pita place either.
That's right...I remember. I'm jealous of the position you're in right now. I'm still trying to close on this house, the new one in Phoenix and arrange the movers and everything else. WAHHH!!!

Glad you like it so much...there are so many of us close to each other. We should all plan to meet sometime...but not until I get there!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hey, people are talking in the AZ thread

I love the monsoons we get, LOVE THEM. I didn't know that monsoons weren't everywhere. That'll make life more complicated when I move.

I live in Flagstaff, by the way. Up here all alone... At least the weather up here rocks right now

·
Registered
0 Posts
I should check out that pita place.. Sounds great!!

Oooh.. A meet-up would rock! Not sure when I could do it.. um... I'm free Sept 9th-17th.
We could plan a day um.. somewhere. heh. Maybe have other VBers join if they can make it down.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Do you realize that in the year I've lived in Southern Cali, it's only drizzled once!! I haven't seen rain in over a year!! I cannot wait for the monsoon thingee. I love storms.

FAFA= I'll be around during that time...we should try to set something up with the vbers.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I actually don't like felafel much (
) but I wouldn't mind going down on a day off, that's for sure. Although that whole phoenix-blob-city thing smells funny.

·
Registered
0 Posts
The only falafel worthy place I've been to here is My Big Fat Greek Restaurant on Mill Ave. It's very yummy! And their hummus is to die for.

We'll.. um... Why don't we just have a potluck in a park or something?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow, this is cool...

I live in Surprise, just built a house up there last august. I'm a graduate student here getting my Psy.D. in clinical psych and have lived in az for about 3 years now. Very cool place.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm living in AZ finally!! The move is over and I finally have internet...this place is so beautiful. There's a mountain range at the end of my street. Though it is really hot and I'm tired of unpacking!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Grr... My $290 package of jewelry that i payed $14 shipping for got mis-sent to Surprise. I thought that was pretty funny, in a way. SURPRISE! Your order's gonna be late! Thanks...

By the way, welcome to AZ

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hello-

Where does everyone shop for their vegan foods. There isn't a Lassens here and the whole foods is 40 minutes from my house. I couldn't find anything in the yellow pages. I live in Peoria off 67th and Happy Valley. Help!

41 - 60 of 196 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.