Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
~Vegan~

I think the one area I really need to work on is medication. I overhauled my products, food, am not going to purchase leather, want a digital camera so there's no need to use photo paper/negatives...but I read on a website about medications (in particular birth control) and started to question this area.

www.shedonteatmeat.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
You should also add ovo-veggie and lacto-veggie, maybe even the weird enough "pesco-vegetarian" (although I think that's the same as omni) to get a good idea. I was lacto-veg for 12 years before I went vegan, so I couldn't have answered this since I really didn't eat egg.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Vegan. I was strict vegetarian, casein and honey being the animal products I consumed, but have been vegan for one year now.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I am really trying to reduce the amount of animal products I use down to using none, i just for cost sake have to do it a little at a time because I am not only replacing stuff for me I am replacing it for my 3 kids eesh it can get spendy. If it wasnt for our hfs that i just found, that just opened I wouldnt honestly be able to because stuff is really hard to get here and I dont have any way of ordering off the net. Strange thing, last night at my art class my professor was going to make me stamp my art( i made a japanese signature block out of stone) with ink that was made out of cow urine. Good thing she told me ahead of time.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I put down vegan, but I'm not completely sure whether the muti vitamin I use is vegan -- I have to research some of the ingredients (I do know it's vegetarian, and I'm using up a huge bottle that I got before I went vegan last year). (Also with the proviso that I still occasionally find out that an ingredient that I thought was safe isn't really.)

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I voted for ovo-lacto. I'm not really making ahuge effort to avoid animal products, but I do lean towards veganism due to a few factors such as "I hate cheese" "I hate cheese" and "vegan food is usually better" I know i mentioned "I hate cheese" twice but I felt that it was such a hugely important statement that I had to say it twice.

Anyway, I'm ovo-lacto at the moment.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Ovo-lacto.... I make random, feeble attempts at reducing dairy & eggs, but so far nothing worth cheering about.

Baby steps...

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I'm technically ovo-lacto since I don't worry about consuming animal products when I'm out at restaurants--I don't eat lots of cheese or milk or omelets or anything, but occasionally I get mayo on a sandwich and let it go and I'm sure there's whey or something in the dinner rolls, so I voted for vegetarian consciously trying to limit animal products. I also don't think my medications are vegan...still looking into that, though.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I eat vegan about 99% of the time, but for the past few months I've eaten eggs occasionally (not conventionally raised ones though) and a bit of dairy sometimes, though I'm starting to cut them both out again. Lately, it seems I'm more sensitive to rich and greasy/oily foods, so I'm better off not eating dairy at all.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
"You should also add ovo-veggie, andlacto-veggie, maybe even the weird enough "pesco-vegetarian" "

What about the 'poulty-vegetarian' too

just kidding , but it's a common misconception

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I voted lacto-ovo even though I *never* eat eggs (yuck!). I do eat cheese occasionally when I'm eating out, and honey is the only animal product I have in my kitchen.

At this point I could stand to cut down on my dairy (read "cheese consumption" since that's the only dairy I ever have) a bit more, but I have no intention to go entirely vegan anytime soon.

Mskedi

·
Registered
0 Posts
I've tried so many times to go vegan but it's HARD! I'm really ovo-lacto, but I put the one about consiously trying to reduce animal products.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.