VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Vans authentic canvas shoes are vegan? I've tried e-mailing them, but the email addresses I've found on Google no longer work, and the web form on the Vans webpage isn't working for me either. I like the look of these shoes. It would be great if I knew for sure if they were vegan or not. Perhaps someone here has managed to contact them and ask this question. I'd be interested to know what they said

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have a few pairs of vans so I know the authentics are vegan. Some people might tell you that they aren't technically vegan due to them having a vulcanized rubber sole which used to be made using animal products, but the modern process for manufacture uses sulphur.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Gosh, I'm glad to hear they actually are vegan! I never would have thought otherwise, but I guess you have to be careful with everything these days. They're so comfortable and my boyfriend and I both wear them (the same size too, which is handy!) so I'm happy to know we can continue wearing and buying them.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Goth-Alice. View Post

When enquiring about Vegan shoes, the main thing to ask is about the glues used.
Most shoes these days are synthetic in material. its the glue that lets the down.
I would have said most shoes were still at least partially leather. Or most shoes that I like are. Shoe shopping for me tends to be "hideous, ugly, ew, what the hell are those, ooh! pretty! ... leather. damn."

And it's usually completely ridiculous; most of the shoe will be man-made, but then one bit won't be. For no reason.

But yeah, it's the glues that are a problem.

Converse, as far as I am aware, are vegan. At least, most of their types are. They have a few leather models and things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts