VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that zingers are not they have beef fat and im pretty sure twinkies do to WTF WHY IS THERE BEEF FAT IN A CAKE??? and yes i know little snacky cakes arent good for you but im not a veg for health reason im a veg for moral reasons lol.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
did you check their website? I don't eat that stuff...so couldn't tell you....you could contact their customer svc too if you don't find specifics on their site.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
It depends on who baked them. My cakes don't have beef fat in them.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
I looked on their website for you and I find it very odd that there are no nutrition facts or ingredients lists for any of their products. It seems like you would have to email them to find out or just check the back of the packages next time you go to the store.

·
Unintentionally Kittened
683 Posts
I did not expect to see Tastykake mentioned on VB

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ingredients:

Sugar, Water, Flour Bleached Enriched (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Iron Reduced, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Folic Acid (Vitamin aB)), Vegetable(s) Shortening Partially Hydrogenated (Canola Oil, Soybean(s) Oil, Cottonseed Oil), Egg(s), Cocoa, Corn Syrup High Fructose, Corn Starch, Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Acid, Monocalcium Phosphate, Calcium Sulphate (Sulfate)), Chocolate, Milk Skim, Whey from Milk, Mono and Diglycerides, Salt, Butter, Soy Protein Isolated, Corn Syrup, Sorbic Acid, Flavor(s) Natural & Artificial, Soy Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Agar, Tapioca Flour, Propylene Glycol Monostearate, Pectin, Nutmeg, Citric Acid, Cinnamon, Food Starch Modified

Link

·
Riot Nrrrd
3,180 Posts
Quote:
Xanthan Gum, Agar, Tapioca Flour
THREE gelling agents/stabilizers/thickeners? Just seems odd .. Maybe the chocolate coating uses one, the peanut butter filling uses the second, and the cake itself gets #3.

The blog recipe looks good, but they forgot the antifreeze (propylene glycol - probably food grade, but still...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.