VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love sprouts, I always put them on my sandwiches and I love them in salads. but sometimes people say sprouts are not good for you and can easily carry bacterias or something like that.

whats the deal with sprouts? is this true?

can they really be harmful?

·
Registered
142 Posts
i heard this too - but it seems ridiculous since waaay more people become ill from bacteria in meat than sprouts.

here is a link about it (granted, it IS from a retail site - but it has good info): http://www.sproutpeople.com/safe.html

i also recently posted a topic on sprouts in the Health forum...everyone basically concluded that sprouts are yum and we are not going to give sprouts up

i grow my own (clover, alfalfa, sunflower, etc.) and have never had a problem. i say eat em' up!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I love sprouts. I have heard that they can carry bacteria too. But I am sure just about anything you are going to eat can have that risk. I think it's just a caution, since you are sprouting them yourself and not in a controlled invironment. ?

I won't give them up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.