VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to see Silverchair the other night in Sydney, and noticed a table of Peta leaflets on my way in. I asked the manager of the venue why they were there and was told that it was at the request of the band.

Does anyone know if all 3 members of Silverchair are Vegans? I noticed that the lead singer Daniel Johns had some animal welfare stickers on his guitar.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The lead singer was an anoretic.

Veganism/vegetarianism is very popular in people who are getting over eating disorders. It's a way to still have that 'control' their eating habits.. but remain healthy while doing it.

I guess what I'm getting at is that, although I don't know it for a fact, I wouldn't doubt that it's truthful.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Daniel Johns was vegan long before his anorexia. Just because someone has a mental disorder and also happens to be a vegan doesn't necessarily mean the two are related. That misconception pisses me off to no end. Don't jump to conclusions.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Vegankat

Daniel Johns was vegan long before his anorexia. Just because someone has a mental disorder and also happens to be a vegan doesn't necessarily mean the two are related. That misconception pisses me off to no end. Don't jump to conclusions.
I'm not jumping to conclusions. It's a well known fact. My eating disorder (or lack-there-of; I'm supposed to be 'recovered')wasn't the reason behind my becoming vegan, but it definetly played a role in that I knew being vegan would help me to greater restrict my food intake.

Again, my eating disorder was NOT my reason behind being vegan. I AM still doing it for the animals. I don't wear wool, leather, etc. BECAUSE they are derived from animals. I just don't want to be misunderstood.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stellar26

I'm not jumping to conclusions. It's a well known fact. My eating disorder (or lack-there-of; I'm supposed to be 'recovered')wasn't the reason behind my becoming vegan, but it definetly played a role in that I knew being vegan would help me to greater restrict my food intake.

Again, my eating disorder was NOT my reason behind being vegan. I AM still doing it for the animals. I don't wear wool, leather, etc. BECAUSE they are derived from animals. I just don't want to be misunderstood.
And my eating disorder and my veganism are not related at all. I was vegan for 2 years before beginning any anorexic tendencies.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know I am lucky, they kicked the proverbial ass on stage. The first set was a lot of the new, slower stuff from Diorama. But after the interval they made your ears bleed!

I thought Daniel Johns was suffering from arthritis, not anorexia.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bennyonacid

I know I am lucky, they kicked the proverbial ass on stage. The first set was a lot of the new, slower stuff from Diorama. But after the interval they made your ears bleed!

I thought Daniel Johns was suffering from arthritis, not anorexia.
He does have arthritis

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.