VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like it but I could be wrong. People say skittles aren't but I don't see how. My friend has celiacs and a casein intolerance and says foods say they don't have dairy in them but they really do. So confusing

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyvegetarian View Post

It looks like it but I could be wrong. People say skittles aren't but I don't see how. My friend has celiacs and a casein intolerance and says foods say they don't have dairy in them but they really do. So confusing
I too miss Junior Mints!

I haven't anything vegan that matches that creamy mint. Endangered Species Mint dark chocolate is good though it's just mint flavor choco.

Some Skittles have gelatin-others don't. The crazy core actually said gelatin free on the package. Other than gelatin I don't believe theres anything else to worry about.

At Christmas time Junior Mints put out Christmas colored ones that are identical without gelatin. I say e-mail them till they cave!

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
It does on the ones I've looked at. From several websites:
Quote:
Junior Mints Ingredients: sugar, semi-sweet chocolate (sugar, chocolate, cocoa butter, soya lecithin - an emulsifier, vanillin - an artificial flavor), corn syrup, confectioner's glaze, modified food starch, peppermint oil, invertase (an enzyme that breaks down sucrose into glucose and fructose), soya albumin (a natural form of water-soluble soy protein), gelatin
American Skittles (the red bag ones) should be vegan. I just looked when we were there about 3 weeks ago, and they were junk food for sure, but animal-free. http://www.zeer.com/Food-Products/Sk...213bae3e0d12cb. I don't really know about the sugar I suppose.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
I wonder if the gelatin is only in the shell?

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerVeggie View Post

I think they recently dropped the gelatin, although I haven't looked at any labels recently. I think the coating contains confectioner's glaze, though.
Every time I check the ingredients on the box, I see gelatin listed.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyvegetarian View Post

The one I buy at speedway and walmart do not have gelatin yay!
Do they have confectioner's glaze? It contains shellac, which comes from insects and isn't vegan. So..watch out before the vegan police come and throw you in the beegan looney bin like me..!

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerVeggie View Post

Do they have confectioner's glaze? It contains shellac, which comes from insects and isn't vegan. So..watch out before the vegan police come and throw you in the beegan looney bin like me..!
Lol beegan lol. I'm sorry but that's just a funny word. It just sounds so odd.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts