VeggieBoards banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to go into details about my childhood (or earlier childhood, whether or not you consider a 16 year old a kid) with my brother because I feel as if this is a touchy subject at times, but growing up with an older brother made me wonder many times about whether or not any only children felt sympathy for last-borns. I wondered about it because there were some only children I met who stated that out of any other birth order, they could only sympathize with first-born children. It made me wonder whether or not this was always the case due to the fact that they were number 1, yet nobody came after them. It's not that I am categorizing all onlies, but it does confuse me to think that there were none of them in my life (or those who talked about such a thing, at least) who could find my experiences relatable through thought experiment rather than previous experience.

·
Super Moderator
8,959 Posts
I'm an only child and have never once thought about birth orders of other people. Once I got past the early years I was very glad to not have siblings. I'm really, really not good around people.
Thinking back, I had friends of all sorts of birth order

1 - 2 of 2 Posts