VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am planning to go raw, but not 100%, only about 50-60%. Therefore, I wish to invest in a toaster oven. However, I have trouble finding which one to buy. What I'll be using it for is:
1. semi-frequent toasting bread (does not necessarily need to be able to toast bagels as well, since I'm not a big fan of them)
2. baking sweet potatoes and yams, with very occasional baked goods (most desserts I eat will be raw) and homemade pizza (only a few times a year, if even)
3. warming foods, so I won't need a microwave. I will also be using this function as a pseudo-dehydrator, so it would be excellent if it had very low temperatures.

Also: A small size, built to be safe (Some toaster oven reviews have complaints of burn hazards due to lack of insulation, so the sides heat up).

It does not need convection, or a broil function, or roasting since I don't eat meat (lol duh). It also does not need to be fancy with anything like presettings.

Preferably easy to use and doesn't require a thick manual to use.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bumping this up so people will see it! Some advice will be helpful! I hear that the black and decker TRO480BS is good for low budgets as well as the Hamilton Beach 31197. Higher budgets have the Cuisinart TOB-195...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.