VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
i have an apple ipod...and it's the best thing I ever bought. I have the 15GB and I have housed over 3000 songs on it...and I can take it everywhere I go. It's virtually indestructable...as the new model has no moveable parts on it. To download music all you need is MusicMatch (which the iPod comes with) to download your music. It takes like 4 minutes to download an entire album...from start to end.<br><br><br><br>
Go. Buy. Now.

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I'm going to wait until Dell has another coupon. They had a kick butt deal on the 15th that was good for one day only. 10% off all peripherals (which this is) and an additional $45 off $400+ (which this is, when bundled with a 5 pack of cd-r's) and free shipping.<br><br><br><br>
I can still get everything but the $45 off so I'm going to hold out for a while. The 15 gig model is the one I want. Can I put the mp3's I have now on there or do they have to be downloaded with that software?

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block"><i>Originally posted by Michael</i><br><br><b>Can I put the mp3's I have now on there or do they have to be downloaded with that software?</b></div>
</div>
<br>
You can put your old MP3s on the device with the software. You won't have to CREATE the MP3s again, but you will have to transfer then to the device in that way.<br><br><br><br>
Have you looked at other high-capacity MP3s players? The iPod is nice, but expensive (it's an Apple product, afterall.) I'm looking to pick up a <a href="http://www.nomadworld.com/products/jukebox_zen/" target="_blank">Creative Nomad Zen 20GB</a> sometime soon. Very similar features, a much lighter pricetag.

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw that one just the other day Max. I'll have to check into it more. I figured if I was going to spend hundreds of dollars I'd just splurge and get the best. I just don't want to buy something else and then wish I had gotten the iPod. I've only heard <b>great</b> things about it.

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block"><i>Originally posted by Michael</i><br><br><b>I just don't want to buy something else and then wish I had gotten the iPod. I've only heard great things about it.</b></div>
</div>
<br>
Understandable, and unlike every other Apple product ever made, the iPod probably is a worthwhile buy. But do some good honest comparisons, because the Zen, The Odyssey, and the iPod all got good marks at most review sites.<br><br><br><br>
I'm going with the Zen, because I could not find $150 of difference. For 150 less, I get a slightly heavier, and very slighty larger (physically) device. Slightly less battery life, arguably inferior software, and no gimmicks like games and phone books and crap like that. But the Zen is 20GB vs. 15GB and much cheaper!<br><br><br><br>
I don't think either one will disapoint, honestly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts