Apple Chips

Ingredients:

------------------------------------------------------

2 cups unsweetened apple juice

1 cinnamon stick

2 apples

Instructions:

1.) In large skillet or pot, combine apple juice and cinnamon stick; bring to a low boil while preparing apples.

2.) Cut top and bottom off apple. Cut remaining apple into VERY thin slices.

3.) Drop apple slices into boiling juice; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until slices appear translucent and lightly golden. Meanwhile, heat oven to 250 degrees F.

4.) Remove apple slices from juice and pat dry. Arrange slices on baking racks, being sure none overlap. Place racks on middle shelf in oven; bake 30 to 40 minutes until apple slices are lightly browned and almost dry to touch.

I then sprinkle with cinnamon and maybe a little sugar.

Additional comments:

·
Banned
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldpullen View Post

Category: Snacks

Suitable for a: vegan diet

Apple Chips

Ingredients:

2 cups unsweetened apple juice

1 cinnamon stick

2 apples

Instructions:

1.) In large skillet or pot, combine apple juice and cinnamon stick; bring to a low boil while preparing apples.

2.) Cut top and bottom off apple. Cut remaining apple into VERY thin slices.

3.) Drop apple slices into boiling juice; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until slices appear translucent and lightly golden. Meanwhile, heat oven to 250 degrees F.

4.) Remove apple slices from juice and pat dry. Arrange slices on baking racks, being sure none overlap. Place racks on middle shelf in oven; bake 30 to 40 minutes until apple slices are lightly browned and almost dry to touch.

I then sprinkle with cinnamon and maybe a little sugar.

Additional comments:

ok ok h.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
So, they're in the oven right now. I stuck 'em on cookie sheets since I didn't really know what you meant by 'baking racks' and mom didn't either ^^;

ETA: Aha... They're not really chips. Because recipes tend to hate me. They're funky floppy flappy pieces of apple that taste good.

Maybe they'll magically turn into chips by morning. >_>

ETA2: Oh. So that's what a baking rack is.

*fail*

Let's try putting them on a baking rack and see what happens
after like, 20 minutes!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am going to try this this weekend. Sounds extremely good and oh so simpleto make. what if you don't have a bakers rack though? Should I even waste my time with a oven sheet? Can I just stick them on the actual racks in the oven, maybe on top of a sheet of foil?? hmmmm...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I made these a while ago and they were delicious. The only problem was that we didn't have any apple juice, so I used "apple and mango" juice; they still worked fine.

Just a warning; keep these away from family members. They were so good that my sister ate almost all of them.
Next time I think I'll make a double batch.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Think I will cook these tomorrow sounds interesting never even thought of boiling apples in apple juice lol or making chips with them just one question though what type of apples do I need, can it be any variety or does it need to be the bramley apples.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.