VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by death_2_egg-farms View Post

@sorrowthepig: yes she is still nursing but she is gradually getting weaned (by herself [i'm so proud]) she is starting to eat grass and weeds now. i cant believe how fast they grow up. and she is only 2 1/2 months old.
Good age to start weaning but she should still have some kid formula until she's 3 months and off completely by 4 months. Check her area for toxic plants (here's a long list) and get her acclimated to having her feet handled now for hoof trimming later. She can start leash training now, too.

Edit: This toxic plants list is incomplete. Avocado leaves, tree bark, skins and pits are toxic to goats.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i talked to a goat breeder (ugh ya i kno right) and she said to leave her on the bottle until she is 3 months old (which i planned to do anyways). i already checked the area before i even got her. im showing her at the county fair so her feet will be acclimated to be handled. i have already started to collar train her (don't worry it isnt a choke collar but im gonna have to use one at fair tho). i have even gotten her to back up on voice command (with a lil bit of pressure from the collar)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.