VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like I am falling apart, I keep thinking that my home would be a better place without me but I am too chicken **** to do anything about it. I hate myself, I can't keep my kids under control and I always feel like my wife is keeping something from me. I don't know what to do any more, I can't handel living my life the way it is. Please someone offer any suggustion and natural relief anything, I don't know how much more I can take.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
I cannot offer you any direct help without knowing more about your situation, and even then I'm not a professional in mental health. It would also be very helpful to know your geographic location.

But I'd suggest you start with the information in this list:

Emotional Support on the Internet

http://www.compulink.co.uk/~net-services/care/list.htm

See under "depression" if you don't know where else to start.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Jack..I hope you come back to see this thread.

How old are your kids? Being a parent can be exhausting.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
what kind of a thing do you suspect or know your wife is keeping from you??

This is always a curious aspect of any marital topic, as to deciding whether or not either of you are willing to swallow pride or thing, and whether having taken the first step you are *both* prepared (if possible) to be open with each other, enough to make it worth someone independant intervening. OR I suppose in some way my suggestion is saying get on one' and all but be ready for some

home truths and wotnot, or all and none of you, (however you split figuratively speaking) just whilst y'all figure this out each to themself, or in whichever ranks you find yourselves, as you might I suppose wanna break ranks within the family temporarily or something, (even though that hurts like a ***** so to speak to be split from those you presumably love, but can't right now get on with etc)....

but anyway, coming to VB, at least that is your recognition, you don't have to be alone with it at least, and is a start....

Whatever your decision of course and whose move (and whoever finds a solution, temp or otherwise) its always good to add value to your family in some form, if absent, as that is absent in a lot of families these days, and just whatever it is you deem you need to bring it on home some, that makes progress for you and fam, combined with other sources of advice to gain perspective & options/ support etc.....

Just my humble opinion of common sense talkin.... Hope I was not over basic, but thats no bad thing in rounding up what is the problem and getting people to understand as you are no doubt trying to do, and so basic I maybe in advice, but for good reason, and better that than be being anal.

Cheers!!! (btw: I've never been married or had kids)_so hence why I maybe poor on this matter, but no probs.

·
Registered
309 Posts
i care i don't want to add any questions or ideas to the helpful ones already asked... just want to say i care and i'll be back to read what you say

i've very difficult times of my own i never thought i'd be out of, so i can sympathize, maybe empathize also..

share with us..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Jack19 - I also care - please come back and tell us how you are...

As far as natural relief goes, there are herbal products than can help with anxiety and depression - maybe your local naturopath or even health food store can help. Perhaps even a visit to your doctor is needed.

Sometimes the body's own "anti-depressants" can be helped along by going for a walk or a run - maybe take your kids along they might like the time alone with you.

Take care - remember there's always someone here listening OK...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts