VeggieBoards banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Know this is random so I apologize but this seemed like a good forum for this. I am moving to san francisco in august and would like to rent from a veg*n household. If anyone knows of a room that might be available I would appreciate it. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I can't think of any right now, however I do tend to see ads for places in San Francisco, so if I see anything like that I'll let you know. Do you have a preference as to what part of SF? Anyways, I'll let you know if I see an ad or hear of anything.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much! I don't know too many neighborhoods in san francisco but am particularly fond of the area around the 16th st bart station since they have this great veg grocery store I, otsu, herbivore, it seems pretty veg friendly.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
ah, so you are probably w/in a half hour from me. Are there any good veg restaurants near you? We are always looking for good places. If you want the names of some good ones in the San Jose area RSJ & I have found some really good ones!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would love to know where to eat. I can not find anywhere here so I go to sf or santa cruz for dinner.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Have you ever been to Herbivour (sp?) in SF? We drove around for so long last night trying to find it! I hear its really good. There are a bunch of places in downtown SJ...The White Lotus is an Asian all vegetarian restaurant w/lots of vegan food. There are also two vegan delies, Tofu Com Chay (commonly known as Ben's to those who frequent it & know the owner, Ben) & Good Karma. Ben's has great soup & yummy vegan drumsticks, along w/a variety of sandwiches. Good Karma also has soups & an amazing curry. Both have a variety of rice plates. I'm getting hungry just thinking about these two places! I just heard of a new vegan place that opened in the area, but I'm not sure exactly where. We plan to check it out soon & I'll let you know if its good & where it is! What places do you know of in Santa Cruz?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I recently went to herbivore. It is close to the area I want to move to. It is fairly close to the freeway. Gosh, I can't remember exactly where it is. I think it is on 16th. My friend lives in santa cruz so we just go to saturn cafe since I love the vegan nachos...oh man. Where is bens?

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
The people I know in that area moved to Oakland bc it is cheaper. But if you live in CA you are probably used to high cost of living, no?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Ben's in on Santa Clara Street in downtown SJ, I believe its between 7th & 8th, or maybe its 8th & 9th. I just know how to get there. I'm pretty sure RSJ has a card for that place so I can look & get back to you w/the address if you're interested. Where in Santa Cruz in Saturn Cafe?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sort of, I still live at home which is thankfully rent free but its time to go to school and grow up. I am transfering from community college to san francisco state in august. I know it is going to be expensive but I know sometimes rooms in areas like the one I like, go for about 600. I wish I was moving now...these next five months till I move are going to seem to take forever!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
saturn is on pacific avenue accross past cathart st. Its across from Curiosa (tattoos and piercings). Um...its pretty small but is usually really colorful. The service is not that great but the food is and its not too pricey either. By the way..the menu is a little difficult...there is a symbol that means there is no dairy or egg in the dish but that doesnt mean its Vegan...just a heads up

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I currently teach first grade. I'm working on clearing my credential, so not only am I a teacher, but I'm also a student. I graduated from UCSB in June of 2001 w/a BA in English. Are you finishing up your second year of college right now?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
What exactly are liberal studies? Is that the same as liberal arts?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts