VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Bring me to life is probably making every1 think theyre some punky/gothicky band but they have a bunch of songs that are absolutely lovely like My Immortal, Imaginary, Anywhere, Forgive Me, and Exodus. check em out n tell me wat u think

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
I have heard of them, but I haven't heard any of their music yet. What is it like? Punky/gothy is so broad of a category.

I think I am predisposed to like them because "evanescence" has always been one of my favorite words.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
I have heard it and liked it. But it seemed like Yahoo launch (customizable radio station) was pushing it on me, and that made me a little mad, and thus I ranked it real low so it wouldn't play again for a while!

·
Registered
765 Posts
I bought their cd because my friend raved about them. I was actually a little disappointed. Some songs are decent. Their lyrics are all depressing and in some cases poorly written. Also, in parts I couldn't help thinking the singer sounded constipated. Overall, the cd is ok, but not something I'll listen to that often.

·
Banned
559 Posts
they definitely don't suck...i really like some of their stuff from what i've heard.

i am not a fan of chick's voices but i do like the girls voice.

i hear they give a great concert too and the girl can actually sing, so that's encouraging...her voice isn't all morhped for the disc.

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Is the video of that song where the girl is walking on the ledge around a building and falls and the guy tries to catch her? That video is so stupid. The song isn't much either (most music these days sucks).

If not, please ignore my post (if you haven't done so already).

·
Registered
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurmudgeon

Is the video of that song where the girl is walking on the ledge around a building and falls and the guy tries to catch her? That video is so stupid. The song isn't much either (most music these days sucks).

If not, please ignore my post (if you haven't done so already).
Kurm you have some serious issues.
Though I agree the song sucks. The singer from Andromeda has a better voice. Plus I saw them on Top of The Pops and the lead singer looked like a Madonna throwback from the 80's.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Didn't "Bring Me to LIfe" just spend four weeks at number one in the UK singles charts?

Heard it first on Saturday, and so far really like it, interested to hear more of the album.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I've heard about them, contemplated on rather or not to buy their cd and decided against it. I'd rather spend my money on groups I know I like, and download an song or two of theirs before I bought the cd. *shrugs*

·
Registered
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by monkeyandbunny

I'm not a fan, they are nothing but another engineered pop band. *Yawn* The lead singer has a good voice.
Finally someone that agrees with me

They played Bring Me to Life at this supposedly Indie club a few weeks back and all thegoths - who usually sit and pout while trying to out-cool each other - jumped up and started dancing to the song. I just stood there in shock pointing at them and yelling "Hah you've been sucked into the world of commericial pop and you don't even know it!"

Actually I just smirked.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I Love Evanescence!My favs are "bring me to life" and "my last breath".I'm sure that my kids are sick of hearing it cause its on the stereo every day!

VM

1 - 20 of 23 Posts