VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

My partner is looking into becoming vegetarian too. (Yay!) I'm looking for some documentaries about the meat industry, vegetarian lifestyles, nutrition, etc., that might help him take the plunge. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Earthings and Meet Your Meat....both pretty graphic though.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Forks Over Knives.

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
F,S&ND is great. Just watched it recently and of course I had to buy a juicer after all that inspiration it filled me with.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Food Matters is great, as is Food, Inc., even though the latter isn't entirely pro-vegetarian and didn't seem to convince any meat-eaters I know to cut back on their intake. I'm a vegan and I couldn't even get through the TRAILER of Earthlings without completely losing it, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone ever, but that's because there are things in it you will never un-see and I think it did me more damage than good, to be perfectly honest. That being said, I know a lot of vegans endorse it and I approve of the message, of course.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Since he seems open-minded about becoming a vegetarian, that's a great step! The first movie I watched while researching to become vegetarian was Meet Your Meat, and it actually convinced me to go vegan instead. It's really effective as long as the viewer has an open mind and would actually at least consider going veg. I saw Earthlings a few days later, too, the food part really convinced me that I'd made the right choice. Earthlings is emotionally exhausting to watch the whole movie, though. I couldn't even finish it after the food part, and it took me days just to get to that part because I kept crying in the parts beforehand, so I recommend just skipping to the food part for now and he could watch the rest of the movie another time if he wants.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts