VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is a way to upload a movie to a laptop or iPad that you can watch off of the hard drive and not use the internet? I will by flying to the East Coast and am trying to figure out if and how I can upload movies to my computer with out needing to pull it off of another site. Anyone do this? Thanks!

·
Banned
1,803 Posts
If you have DVDs that have got digital copies included you can download them to your laptop via iTunes and you can put them on your iPad.
Or you can buy films from iTunes or another website and they will be on your hard drive and you should be able to put them on your iPad as well.

As for getting a copy of a film from a DVD that doesn't have a digital copy I have no idea. Sorry.

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
I know there are some programs that can rip movies off of DVDs and store them as viewable movie files on your harddrive. I haven't used such programs myself as I've never had a need for this, except once when a friend of mine did it for me. You can probably try googling for "DVD ripper software" or similar though.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I'm not sure what you're trying to do exactly. Are you talking about a streaming movie that you want to save to your hdd? or a dvd you want to put on your hdd? Also, is your laptop a mac?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts