VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I'll post photos when I have access to them again, which should be tomorrow or Wednesday - my university is doing some maintenance and they were saved to my university file store)<br><br>
I figured since most of you probably care about animals (though I know some people are vegetarians for and vegans for health reasons), this would be a good place to post this. I have a beautiful black cat and for various reasons, I've decided to definitely have him adopted. He:<br><ul><li>is around 2 and a half years old I think - got him from someone who was mistreating him so don't know for certain</li>
<li>is neutered</li>
<li>is very playful - seems to love being chased up and down stairs and chasing and being chased generally</li>
<li>is very affectionate and will follow his human - he did it with the human before me and does it with me</li>
<li>likes to go outside, except in the rain and strong wind. He seems to prefer his human to come with him but is generally fine on his own</li>
<li>is litter-trained, and is fine with most cheap litter (personally I would suggest Sainsbury's Basics or Tesco Value as they are white - I've used the Morrisons Value grey one and it's more difficult to see where he's done his business)</li>
</ul><br>
BUT<br><ul><li>he needs a lot of affection and playtime, so it would be best if someone was in the house a lot. Someone on a long-term benefit (such as DLA or Income Support) would be perfect, but other people would be considered</li>
<li>he playfully bites when playing - and sometimes does it a bit too hard. He doesn't mean to, he just doesn't seem to realise that humans are not as thick-skinned as cats.</li>
<li>he scratches stuff. I'm sure he could be trained out of it as I managed to train him to go for walks with me and to respond (generally) to a specific whistled tune. I just never bothered as I bought furniture second-hand and didn't really care about it being scratched.</li>
<li>he needs to go to somewhere that's not right near a busy road (somewhere near is O.K., just not right near - he needs space to play safely, even if it's just a quiet avenue or a decent-sized garden (bigger than the front gardens you generally see on houses on main roads)</li>
<li>he meows irritatingly when he wants something. He can generally be got to shush, but it takes a while. If he keeps doing it and absolutely won't stop, there's a reason, perhaps a very good one. Once it was because he'd used his litter tray and I hadn't realised it had thus become unusable (he'd used it earlier too) and wanted to go outside to do his business, and another time was because something bad was happening in a nearby house (don't ask me how he knew)</li>
</ul><br>
So in short, he needs to go to a really good home where he'll be fed each day (he has dry food plus 1 or 2 pouches of wet a day but won't touch salmon or rabbit), get plenty of playtime, and plenty of affection. And you need to be sure you can deal with his meowing and scratching. I think he also likes to be warm, as at my old house he slept on my bed next to the portable radiator.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Aw, he sounds adorable! I wish I could take him, but I won't be able to take care of another kitty until after I move. I'll ask around, though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts