VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just asking. I am recovering from it. c. diff is a terrible terrible thing to go through. Switching to vegetarianism seems to be helping a lot though. I was at my wits end trying to eat but the veggie diet is really helping.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
You're not the only one unfamiliar with it...I had to transfer hospitals because the first one had no idea what was wrong with me and were basically throwing darts at diagnoses to see if they stuck. The second hospital saved my life.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I am taking probiotics twice a day. Those are pretty much mandatory to recover from this.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
I had it twice from an antibiotic overdose after surgery. It was 4 yrs ago and I still have lasting after effects (nausea, pain, bloating, slow GI track, etc...), though I don't have an infection anymore. First time I had it I was on Flagyl but had poor reactions to that, so second time I had Vancomicin which was much much better. I still take probiotics every day. (I was already vegan when I got it so I don't think diet made a difference)

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
my patients occasionally get it. Usually related to antibiotic use and hospitalizations. No, not nice at all.....the smell alone should have given the first hospital a clue.

Glad you're feeling better, and the probiotics are very good at restoring the flora. Sorry you had to go through that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh no! I never knew rabbits could get c. diff! I remember looking up to see about cats and dogs and I read it can't be transmitted between cats and humans or dogs and humans. I never knew there was an exception for rabbits.

I am getting better everyday. Sometimes I get down because I am not recovering as fast as I would like. The doctors told me i am doing great though and to be more patient since c. diff is rough on your body. The only lasting issues I seem to be having are ibs, anemia, and weight loss. So I am eating more, taking iron supplements and eating iron rich foods, and trying to get my digestive tract and colon to heal with probiotics and healthy food. I am shooting for the goal of being able to work by December and maybe back in school by January.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts