VeggieBoards banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to make the whole wheat and soy spaghetti I buy at the heath food store ,does anyone have a recipe? I also wondered if anyone has a recipe for Rice Krispy treats but without marshmallows? I thought I saw someone post that they DO exist! Thanks for all your help..really like this community!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Do you want to take dried pasta and make a dish with it or do you want to make pasta from flour? I can suggest some of the first kind of recipe, but have no idea as to the second.<br><br><br><br>
From <a href="http://vegetarian.about.com/library/desserts/blkrispyricetreats.htm:" target="_blank">http://vegetarian.about.com/library/...icetreats.htm:</a><br><br><br><br>
Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispy Rice Treats<br><br>
by Louis Centeri, Blanche's Organic Cafe (New York City)<br><br><br><br>
Makes 20 servings<br><br><br><br>
Chef Louis Centeri figured out how to make a vegan version of the Rice Krispies dessert we all grew up on. And he made it just as gooey and crunchy and yummy. For variety, he likes to substitute different nut butters for the peanut butter and carob chips for the chocolate chips.<br><br><br><br>
2 cups brown rice syrup<br><br>
1 cup maple syrup<br><br>
1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips<br><br>
1 cup peanut butter<br><br>
1 tablespoon pure vanilla<br><br>
One 10-ounce box Erewhon Krispy Brown Rice cereal (8 cups)<br><br>
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Oil a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.<br><br><br><br>
2. In a medium-sized, nonreactive, heavy-bottomed saucepan, bring the brown rice and maple syrups to a slow boil over low heat.<br><br><br><br>
3. Add the chocolate chips and whisk until melted. Whisk in the peanut butter. When mixture is smooth, remove from the heat, and stir in the vanilla.<br><br><br><br>
4. Places cereal in a large mixing bowl and stir in the chocolate-peanut butter mixture. When well combined, spread evenly into prepared dish; bake 10 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares with a sharp knife.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I used to work at an Italian restarant making pasta. Angel Hair pasta has no eggs in it. It is just semolina flour, water and salt. You could always mix up angel hair pasta dough and run it through a pasta maker, or you can roll it very thin and cut it into spaghetti sized strips, drying over a chair (the good old fashioned way)<br><br><br><br>
When it's mixed, it should be damp, but not sticky, nor so dry that it's breaking apart. I have no measurments for you, but if you're adventurous, you can just go get a bag of semolina flour & whole wheat flour. I don't think it's possible to make completely whole wheat noodles, I think you need some semolina in there to make it work.<br><br><br><br>
Hope that helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts