VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's something I'd like to buy from there (vegan, natural food color), but it's not really worth a trip for that, plus a train journey is probably not the best idea for me these days. If anyone's going, I'd be happy to send you some dough for the color and postage if you'd pick some up. I thought I could order it online, but so far everywhere I've seen, it's out of stock. I think it comes from the US, so it's a bit of a pain maybe for small shops to keep it on the shelves.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yally, if you can pick it up most anytime, that would be great, there's no real rush. It's this product that I'm looking for: http://bakingbites.com/wp-content/up.../indiatree.jpg. Do you have PayPal, where I can send you some £? This is the only colorant I've seen that's both vegan and natural (not loads of e numbers, etc.)

rags, Whole Foods is a large health food store chain, based in the US. They have maybe 4 shops in London now. There's one in Camden, a small one in Soho, and a giant 3 floor kinda place in Kensington. www.wholefoods.com is their site. Not everyone digs the big stores, but they have loads of stuff that I can't find anywhere else.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I go to Whole Foods regularly so am also happy to pick stuff up for you and could deliver to Oxford or Abingdon.

The giant one on Kensington is amazing although I always spend too much when I go in. Their vegan Cornish pasties are delicious.
Also love all the bulk pulses, coffee beans and such downstairs. They do some excellent cereals too.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, beanstew that would be great, too. It'd be nice to see you again as well, since we've missed the last couple of meetups. I too, always spend to much money in there. I think IS gulps whenever he knows I'm going to be in the area. It's so completely yuppie in there most of the time, but I love it anyway.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome. If you're able to find it (not sure if they'll be out too) and can pick up too, I'd be super grateful. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Ah ok I'll let beanstew get them if you guys are gonna meet up but I'll pop in this evening to see if they're there, just to feel useful

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heh. You can be the scout, yally! Thanks again for the offer though!

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aw. I found them in some sort of baking section, but they move stuff around all the time, so it's not an easy task. Last time it was on one of the shelves sorta over by the health and beauty stuff. It may be that they don't have it anymore, either.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Oh I am coming to London sometime in the next few weeks and I wanted to take the opportunity to get some yummy things from whole foods. I am used to the American ones, do you guys have the same things?

I am especially looking for Nutritional Yeast and Field Roast things.

Does anyone know?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Aw. I found them in some sort of baking section, but they move stuff around all the time, so it's not an easy task. Last time it was on one of the shelves sorta over by the health and beauty stuff. It may be that they don't have it anymore, either.
They were in the middle of restocking and the guys were moaning about what a mess other members of staff had made of it, so fingers crossed it will be there for you by Thursday!

I did find Arthur's (
) vegan brownie and cookies mixes though
I didn't have enough coinage though but happy to know they exist...

SwissMiss, Nutritional yeast they have definitely, no field roast though I'm afraid. They seem to have a lot more American stuff, even more than before.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I've just been in and they've sold out of the colouring. I will check again next time I'm in the area.

They did have 12 different types of loose salt from various oceans, islands and moutain ranges. *boggle*

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.