VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Easter basket?

I did, actually it was a gift bag filled with vegan goodies!
The bag contained 2 ABC cookies, 1 pumpkin and 1 peanut butter, 2 chai tea Luna bars, apple crisp flax&soy bar, Newman's Own dark chocolate bar, and a weird vegetable food bar. I also got a purse in there!

Yes I'm 19 years old and still get things like this!
I love my parents!

So who else got one?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Nope. My family all had different things going on this weekend. I didn't even go home this year.

I did get one last year though.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I got a massive load of starburst jellybeans. And certain people seem to forget I hate those. The only kind of jellybean I'll eat are the black ones!
So I gave it to my younger siblings.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I got an easter basket (the result of having loads of little siblings) It was fairly random stuff that I got in it including a road map (I am constantly lost), lotsa chocolate, a grapefruit, etc. The disappointing part was the marshmallow butterfly on a stick. It was very pretty and festive, but I guess my mom (erm. the Easter Bunny) did not know that marshmallow contains gelatin.

·
Registered
178 Posts
oh, got more stuff too after I got that other stuff..now i have more chocolate (and I am not a big chocolate person, unless it has carmel in it that is, and this stuff doesnt) lollypops, and some kind of airplane, which i have no idea why I got, little old for that, oh well, i will figure out something to do with it or give it to my lil bro, even though he already got one.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got 2 cream eggs, and an other kind of egg thats not chocolate.. its like hard icing.. and its hollow..

Which was good cause i gave away the chocolate ones!

And i also got money, for the camp i went on...

**Danny**

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
my bf's mom got me an easter tree instead of sweets. my mom gave me a cool candle holder and a couple milk chocolate eggs(that's just plain mean)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
My kids all came home and made an Easter dinner..cookout style. of course there was nothing I would eat but I did get to clean up and do the dishes...how good is that!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I went to my mothers for Easter but left before dinner. I didn't feel like eating boiled asparagus while watching everyone else dine on ham and lamb. It wasn't upsetting or anything, if I really wanted to stay I would have brought something to eat. I think I really left because of the chaos. Among the forty guest half were under the age of ten, all jacked up on chocolate. I left when the late afternoon meltdowns began.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
This year was the first year I didn't get an Easter basket from my mom (I'm 28). But, I did have dinner with the bf's family (first time meeting them) and they had teriyaki tofu salad for me to eat, so that was nice. The bf's mom also gave me a pair of slippers, but that's b/c I was the only girl there with size 7 1/2 feet. It was kind of a weird day...

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I sure did - I got an easter package from my mom today, but I haven't opened it yet - I am at work and didn't think my co-workers would appreciate me ripping into this box. I also got a hydrangea plant since I was by myself for Easter. Mom thought it would cheer me up.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I got Luna bars and some Tropical Source bars. My mom is trying to fatten me up. ^_^;;;;; I also got bunny and ducky stickers. <3

ETA: And I am 18 years old.
I'll never grow up.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I make my own basket usually with leftovers from the ones I make for my kids. I love to make them though. When I stayed with my folks, I would make them baskets too! This year my kids got some cracker snacks, Odwalla bars, some candy, a toy, an orange, a banana and one an apple (her fave), one a grapefruit (his fave). Wolf got a basket with an Odwalla bar, spicy peanuts, three bottles of different hot sauces, some homade oatmeal carob chip bars, fruit, sesame candies, some other candy and jalapenos!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got an Easter basket from some of the kids I work with, but it had a bunch of chocolate and candy that I can't eat. It was so loving though, so I took it home and it's just sitting on my counter in joy
Kids can be so wonderful and so free from everything in the world...wish we could all have stayed that way.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll tell you what I got;;;

fake poop

a whoopee cushion

that goo that makes fart noises

a chocolate bunny

yup...everyone said, "that's not really a normal easter gift..."

and by the way I'm 15 and 16 on may 4th! whoopee!(cushion)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts