VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
I've sold and bought. I prefer amazon...but that's for when I sell things like college textbooks. What are you thinking about selling?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
I have sold and bought. Love it. very easy to do. I've also done both selling and buying on Craigslist, but obviously, that is more risky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,577 Posts
I've mostly sold my used phones but as for buying, I purchase a lot of varied stuff. What are you thinking about selling?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Boy View Post

I have sold and bought. Love it. very easy to do. I've also done both selling and buying on Craigslist, but obviously, that is more risky.
Ture this. I've been selling quite a bit on Craig's List lately and it's great as there are no fees. but, it can be more difficult for shore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
I haven't had any problems with crazies, but I know it happens all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Boy View Post

I haven't had any problems with crazies, but I know it happens all the time.
I've found more flakes than crazies. plans to buy and then flake out.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,189 Posts
Have bought plenty on there, but just can't get the nerve to sell, cause that means a fee no matter what. Craigslist has worked out the best for me when it was a small item and buyer was willing to meet in a parking lot. I figure if anyone ever pulls a gun on me, then I just end up going home with a free gun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Shell View Post

Have bought plenty on there, but just can't get the nerve to sell, cause that means a fee no matter what. Craigslist has worked out the best for me when it was a small item and buyer was willing to meet in a parking lot. I figure if anyone ever pulls a gun on me, then I just end up going home with a free gun.
With that said, is it common for you to have guns pulled on you when selling small items on craig's list whilst in a parking lot?? Would it change in an alley?
 

·
Ankle Biter
Joined
·
9,333 Posts
My husband has bought and sold many things on ebay. He even bought a motorcycle a few years ago.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

is it common for you to have guns pulled on you when selling small items on craig's list whilst in a parking lot??
Not with any buying or selling, or anything internet related, but I have had guns pointed at me, including a parking lot, so it's always in the back of my mind.

Didn't know you can sometimes put a free listing on ebay. Hope I can catch one of those, if it's something they still do.

There's also that weird thing with craigslist where, since it's local, it's not as desirable, much like looking for a girlfriend or boyfriend online. (I don't think that way, but seems most people do)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just listed my first item and there is no fee unless it sells. Then it looks like they are going to take 12%.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top