VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i started reading his books about a year ago.. i've read all of them! i just started reading his latest, which based on some reviews, isn't his greatest.. village incognito..

i like his style.

does anyone else?

· Registered
2,337 Posts
I've only read Jitterbug Perfume and Still Life With Woodpecker, both of which were excellent.

Why don't you just check the new book out from the library and see if it's any good? Then you can tell the rest of us.

· Registered
1,110 Posts
Oh I love Tom Robbins! Especially Jitterbug Perfume and Stilllife with Woodpecker.

If you like weird, Check out A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole. It's unfortunate that Mr. Toole is no longer with the living, he was a brilliant man. Confederacy is the funniest book I have ever read!

Alison

· Registered
231,487 Posts
Tom Robbins is one of my all-time faves! I've yet to read his latest (don't usually buy books in hardcover, and library stocks suck these days) but can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

I'll have to check out John Kennedy Toole as well.

Anyone else like Chuck Palahniuk? He's another of my modern favorites.

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i started to read lullaby (if i'm thinking of the right book) but i was all alone in my apt on a dark night so i thought i'd better start again at a brighter time..
.. the first few pages were creepy.. i get affected by 'creepy' books.. i did get past them, but then i got busy and stopped reading!

i haven't picked it up again, maybe i'll go looking for it..

· Registered
16,128 Posts
I'm a huge Tom Robbins fan! My faves are definitely Still Life with Woodpecker and Another Roadside Attraction. I haven't read all of his stuff, and none of his recent stuff, (oh please, universe, give me some free time, please!!!!) but soon, yes, soon.......

peace

Randy

· Registered
231,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by entresol

Ooh, silverfish, Palahniuk's super-weird and fantastic! I loved Lullaby.
Totally. Something about the weird insanity of his characters is so great. I really loved Survivor, too. Oh, and I'll just say that the little twist at the end of Choke definitely caught me off guard.

Fight Club's a classic too of course.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.