VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm new to these boards but have been doing WW for a few months now and was wondering if anyone on here is also doing it? If so what do you think of it in regards to being veg/vegan? I'm new to the veg life have converted to lacto/ovo last month and am working toward vegan this month. I will say I've noticed I'm getting in lots more fiber and veggies and somewhat less fat. In making my vegan menus for this month I'm noticing that total fat went down even more and I'm anxious to see how it goes for me. TO anyone who is doing WW any tips or advice?

TIA
Audrey

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm doing Weight Watchers online if that's what you mean. I'm not getting my membership for free or anything though that would be sweet lol. Thanks for the free veg tip. Alot of my meals have veg in them and I'm debating rather or not to add them to the recipe builder since veggies are free but I feel maybe I should count them when adding them to say a casserole or stew... What do you think>?

Thanks again
Audrey

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
i used WW to pretty much lose the majority of the weight I had to, then went veg, then went vegan. That was a couple of yrs ago before the current program they have now, which my daughter has told me is different. Since I'm not really sure how it works now, what I did find frustrating was that the fiber count to determine points stopped at 4, yet if I ate something that had 6+, it raised the point value significantly, eve though it was healthy, and it should have actually been lower.

I stopped doing it, because I was eating healthy foods, but couldn't get an accurate point count on foods/recipes that I made. Hope it works better for you with the new program. LOVED the concept of WW too!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the new program is way different. I did an older one like 6yrs ago and didn't really stick with it. I don't know if they have a cap on fiber like they used to with the slider because everything is eletronic now. If you do it online they have an online point calculator and you enter in the numbers and I've entered a dish with 16 grams of fiber before but I don't know if the points would stay the same if I'd entered in say 3 grams of fiber instead. I will say one thing I like better is instead of using calories as a measure now they use fiber, fat, protein, and carbs. Oh and fruit is free which is great during the summer. We'll see how well I stick to the new program so far it's going ok.

Audrey

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I have an account I've never really used. I gained 20 pounds recently from some major life/family stress and I need to get it off. I'll probably be doing 1/3 of a triathlon in October so it would be good to get on the weight loss train. Luckily I've stayed on the fitness train

I love the free fruit and veggies in WW now. The concept is great!

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
the free fruit and veggies really surprised me when my daughter showed me that. It certainly didn't used to be! Does that include beans too?

·
Registered
765 Posts
105g of baked beans is 1 point
285 g tinned chick peas - 5 points

I have a weight watchers book

so if you want to know some points let me know.

i will post them for you.

free veg asparagus, baby marrow, beansprouts, brinajl, brocolli, butternut, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, chillies, gourgettes, cucumber, garlic, gherkins, brussel sprouts, kale, leeks lettuce, marrow, mushrooms, onions, pepper, pumkin, runner beans, spinash, tomato, spring onion, water chestnuts, watercress, turnip

most Fruit arent free.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is the book you have for the new Points Plus program? I can say most fruits other then Avacado are free in the knew program. They also redid all there materials so if you want an accurate point count of something you need the new Complete Food Guide or an online membership. Here are some points values for common foods taken from Weight Watchers online food database which I get access to with my online membership. Chickpeas canned 1/2cup 3points. Beans Kidney Cooked 1/2cup 3 points. Hummus Orignal 2tbsp 1point. Tofu Extra Firm 3oz 2points
Tofu Soft 1/3cup 2 points. Strawberries 1 and 1/2cup 0points 1 banana 0 points. Tomatos 1 cup 0 points. Lettuce 0 points. Avacado Raw 1/4 medium 2 points.

HTH
Audrey

·
Registered
765 Posts
thanks for the new tabel. I am not really following weight watchers anymore but still follow the principles they taught me.

its very strange that fruit would be free as well as advocado.

good luck I do know that the lifestyle change is a good one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.