VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Me me me! I love foods that clean out my sinuses.

Unfortunately, I live with someone who is both a picky eater and doesn't like many spicy things. So, I don't get them often.

·
Riot Nrrrd
3,003 Posts
Best single meal I ever had was at a Sri Lankan restaurant. I ordered the dish (forget the name) at a heat level 4 out of 4. The waiter asked me if I was sure. I figured it couldn't be that hot, since I was in Minnesota (not exactly a spicy food haven). Ooooh boy was I wrong. It was so blisteringly hot I actually broke out in hives. It was glorious in a way.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in MPLS View Post

Best single meal I ever had was at a Sri Lankan restaurant. I ordered the dish (forget the name) at a heat level 4 out of 4. The waiter asked me if I was sure. I figured it couldn't be that hot, since I was in Minnesota (not exactly a spicy food haven). Ooooh boy was I wrong. It was so blisteringly hot I actually broke out in hives. It was glorious in a way.
Oh wow, I've never burnt out into hives, but that does sound borderline beautiful!!

Any favorite spicy dishes?!

·
Banned
2,550 Posts
i luv spicy foods. chillies are my favorite food.

i like making salsa with habaneros (scotch bonnets), red onion, tomatoes, cilantro and garlic, its so fresh and spicy.

indian food has got to be spicy or its not indian food imo.

spicy thai soup, with thai chillies and tom yum paste, add some broccoli and noodles, easy and spicy!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
no! I have to cut cayenne pepper in recipes in half! I don't mind cooking with jalapenos though

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
me, me, me, me.....the spicier the better.....I even grow my own peppers and dehydrate them for over the winter....love ghost chilies.....well love all peppers really.....

peace

·
Registered
18,258 Posts
I love spicy food! I try to be nice and put a normal level in foods I cook then add a LOT more for my dish.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I looooooooove spicy food! I discovered sriracha a few weeks ago and now I put it on almost everything haha. I never used to like spicy food much, but my taste buds have apparently changed because now I can't get enough!

·
Registered
760 Posts
I adore spicy food. I may be nuts, but I would swear that spicy food gives you a natural high. Anyone agree with me? My favorite is pineapple fried rice from the Thai restaurant. They put cashews, raisins, and tofu in it. Im always order it extra spicy. I also love spicy Indian and Mexican food. I cook a lot of spicy dishes, too. That's one thing my husband and I both like, thank goodness.

Laura

BTW, I found a stuffed jalapeno recipe I want to make. You stuff a jalapeno half w/ vegan cream cheese and then wrap a piece of vegetarian bacon around it and bake. I can't wait to make this.

Laura

·
Riot Nrrrd
3,003 Posts
Quote:
I would swear that spicy food gives you a natural high
You are 100% correct. It does. See http://www.edinformatics.com/math_sc.../capsaicin.htm

Quote:
Capsaicin "high"

The "capsaicin high" is a euphoric sensation caused by the consumption of large quantities of capsaicin from capsaicin-laden foods. It is theorized that the pain induced by capsaicin causes the human body to release endorphins. Eventually, enough are released to create a sensation that is frequently compared to "runner's high".

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojess View Post

no! I have to cut cayenne pepper in recipes in half! I don't mind cooking with jalapenos though
I can deal with cayenne, but I don't go overboard with it. Jalapenos I can actually eat straight, seeds and all, but Scotch bonnets and those hot peppers that are shaped like small tomatoes are too much for me. I basically go for something that gives me some immediate heat, but not too much, and my lips a bit of a tingle afterwards.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.