VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's another Saturday night and my friends are pestering me to go out and I don't want to. It's gotten to the point where they think I'm anti social and weird. I thought I might have a mild form of Aspergers but then I read this on stumbleupon:

http://briankim.net/blog/2007/10/top...ut-introverts/

It's like I've finally discovered for the first time who I am and my life makes a ton more sense now!

Anybody else relate?

I just sent that link to my friends so hopefully they'll stop pestering me.

I'll be spending my Saturday night doing some more research on what my weekly veggies meals will be like and maybe do some shopping tonight as well and you know what? I'm perfectly fine with it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsschu2u View Post

I love people, but NEED time alone to recharge.
I'm like that but I love people ONE on ONE, not in a group or party talking about superficial stuff, and I MOST DEF need time alone to recharge.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I never discovered I was an introvert, always knew, lol. I love people one on one as well... groups meh. When we have big family gatherings I kick them all out of my kitchen, when I ain't cooking I'm either in my den, garage or in the basement. Occasionally I'll come out and play a game or something.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I'm an introvert. I think I can go longer than most people without feeling the urge to socialize, but I'm usually down for doing something with my friends if they want to.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

I never discovered I was an introvert, always knew, lol.
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

I love people one on one as well... groups meh. When we have big family gatherings I kick them all out of my kitchen, when I ain't cooking I'm either in my den, garage or in the basement. Occasionally I'll come out and play a game or something.
I'm actually fine with groups. I just need time alone to recharge, think, relax. I can do about 2-4 hours before I start stressing out and need to get some space/time to myself.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Small groups can be more comfortable than one on one sometimes. If I'm one on one I might feel the pressure to not be boring and/or the obligation to not up and leave on a whim.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I don't know what I am, somewhere in the middle. I'm not bothered by even the biggest crowds, at least not by the number of people in them. It's the fact that I have nothing in common with them. A party with a bunch of people being stupid and getting drunk is neither intimidating nor fun, it's just boring. I'd rather be snowshoeing through a mountain in the middle of the night watching the stars. If a crowd of people were to accompany me, great. But they have no interest, so I do it alone. This makes me seem introverted by default.

Reactions: Tom

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I am defiitely a home body these days. I did my share of partying and whooping it up back in the day, but now I find that I am much more content to spend Saturday nights staying home listening to music, catching up on my reading and writing. I spend so much of my time during the week dealing with people who need things "right now" and after all this "on" time, it is nice to be by myself to relax and recharge.

·
Registered
471 Posts
That was in interesting article. I am definitely an introvert, but can be very social. I have always thought it was odd that I have been in sales for 20 years, which does not really seem like an introverts type of job. What made a lot of sense to me in the article is the bit about small talk. I can't stand it. I am terrible at networking events where I am forced to talk about subject that do not interest me. I am good at sales though because I am talking about specific topics that I know and am interested in. I also enjoy meeting stingers sitting at a bar and just having casual conversation because if I am not interested in talking anymore, then I just don't. I mainly hate the obligatory socializing.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I am an extrovert. But I am not very good with people. People are confusing and full of emotional landmines which it is easy to just blindly step on. I also find it hard to join conversations sometimes, people seem to be doing all sorts of stuff with conversation that I dont understand and I find that I am often thinking about something completely different to what everyone else is thnking and I send conversations off on a completely different tangent to what it was originally about.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I'm an introvert. I find it exhausting being with big groups of people. I would rather spend time at home with my animals (and my husband) then go out to a party or a club.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia View Post

I am an extrovert. But I am not very good with people. People are confusing and full of emotional landmines which it is easy to just blindly step on. I also find it hard to join conversations sometimes, people seem to be doing all sorts of stuff with conversation that I dont understand and I find that I am often thinking about something completely different to what everyone else is thnking and I send conversations off on a completely different tangent to what it was originally about.
My husband and I often joke that I am the extroverted introvert and he is the introverted extrovert. I'm much ore comfortable socially than he is, but don't really need or crave that. He loves having other people around, but appears very quiet when they are present. It's a constant balance for us.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I first read about the concept of introversion/extroversion in a high school psychology class. I knew immediately that I was a introvert. I also fit the intj personality type very well. But I'm also very self conscious and so all these qualities work together to make me more isolated than the average bear.

Also, no offense to other posters here, but I really hate the expression "time alone to recharge". What are we, batteries?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainWinthrope View Post

Also, no offense to other posters here, but I really hate the expression "time alone to recharge". What are we, batteries?
But it's accurate. How would you phrase it?

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
836 Posts
Definitely introverted. Even before developing my phobias, I couldn't stand going out and socializing with other people.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

I'm an introvert. I find it exhausting being with big groups of people. I would rather spend time at home with my animals (and my husband) then go out to a party or a club.
Same here. Parties and clubs are nightmares. Even when I was a kid I would hide in my room if my parents had company.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts