TSS (toxic shock) has not been associated with the keeper -- it's one of the reasons I use it. You are not supposed to keep it in longer than 12 hours. So far, I've had my keeper for 4 years, and it doesn't show any signs of wear. The info I have says it will last 10-15 years. And no, you don't have to sterilize it... just stick it in a cup of 1/2 warm water and 1/2 vinegar and leave it to soak for a few hours (I do it overnight) at the end of your cycle and then throw it in the spiffy little cloth bag that comes with it. During your cycle, you just rinse it, as EquiPro said.Originally posted by asha2003
i wonder if infection such as toxic shock, is ever an issue? i mean with keeping it in over longer periods of time like over night. how long has anyone used it before throwing away? do you need to sterilize it? just wondering. thanks, sounds like a really good idea.