VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bean Queen
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I can't find what I need. This time it's eggless ribbon noodles for a stroganoff (sp?). It got me thinking of how it might be nice to find a few websites as a 'just in case' kind of thing.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
For something like eggless ribbon noodles, sometimes the best source is inexpensive "off" brands that are accidentally vegan and therefore not marketed as such. The only eggless ribbon noodles I've ever found have been at a discount store locally.

There are vegan-only online stores, like veganessentials.com.

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Many of the wide pasta 'nests', where they're wound up in balls, are just semolina and water
There are the ruffled ribbons that look like ribbons of lasangna, and the mafala noodles which look like miniature lasagna noodles.

Yeah it's from amazon, but I see those and others like them in stores

I go to vitacost or iherb.com for things like Better than Boullion and nutritional yeast and things

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
Many of the wide pasta 'nests', where they're wound up in balls, are just semolina and water
There are the ruffled ribbons that look like ribbons of lasangna, and the mafala noodles which look like miniature lasagna noodles.

Yeah it's from amazon, but I see those and others like them in stores

I go to vitacost or iherb.com for things like Better than Boullion and nutritional yeast and things
I want those nests, I've never seen them!

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Haven't you seen them in cello bags? I see all kinds like that, and in spinach too!
I do have a discount store - Marcs- that has tons of different pasta and pasta things. All kinds of Italian sounding names. DaVinci I see at regular stores

Aldi has them too, but I don't remember if they have egg or not.

·
Bean Queen
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've also never seen the nests either and I've looked through all of the pasta products in my local grocery store.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies, guys! Btw I have no issue with Amazon, I've just noticed that the Canadian website has inconsistent pricing. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Huh. I see so many different nests--tagliatelle. Most are just durum wheat semolina and water, but often I see "may contain egg". Aldi says that, but I'd looked at them so often and after this thread I felt a compulsion to buy a pack. I got the tomato ones.
I remember the first time I bought nests I imagined they'd hold their shape! No, they don't...

I'm kind of a pasta snob. I hate elbows, or really any round pasta that isn't bronze cut or have ridged edges. I don't really even like spaghetti for that reason, preferring linguine or fetticini.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.