VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have yet to come across a turtle/tortoise appreciation thread, I thought I'd start one, I have a couple red eared slider hatchlings right now. Any turtle or tortoise owners here?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I had a pet turtle in grade school named Michalangelo...he had an orange belly like the ninja turtle. He lived only for a few months or so...probably cuz I was in grade school and didn't really know what he needed :/

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I love turtles and tortoises! I dont own one but my friend has 3 turtles and theyre so cute. I have no idea what type they are though

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
My family had a tortoise for maybe 10 years or so, back in the early 80s through to the early 90s, her name was "Tommy" fairly strange name for a female tortoise. Anyway, in the early 90s we gave her to a lady who kept tortoises, so i hope she was happier being among others of her kind, rather than living a solitary existence which had, unfortunately, been the case whilst living with my family.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
We have an Eastern painted turtle that one of my parents' dorky co-workers gave to us after she and her kids caught it in the wild, kept it for several years until it was domesticated, then got bored with it.

Pisses me off, because I really think that not only should she be in the wild, but if she has to be with humans, then she should at least have a bigger cage than we can provide for her currently. I'm waiting for the day we can get her a bigger cage, because then the frogs can be moved to her old cage and have more room too.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorjor View Post

I have yet to come across a turtle/tortoise appreciation thread, I thought I'd start one, I have a couple red eared slider hatchlings right now. Any turtle or tortoise owners here?
You should post pics. I always wanted one when I was younger but my mom always told me they would give me salmonella.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

You should post pics. I always wanted one when I was younger but my mom always told me they would give me salmonella.
ha, yeah My dad said the same thing, here are my red eared sliders.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Oh yay fellow tort lovers!

I have a southern painted, a map and a stinkpot. They are inside for the winter but usually live in a small pond outside. (they are 2-4years).

THen I also have 4 testudo hermanni tortoises. They also live out in my garden
(ages 2-5)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Awwww, great pictures everyone! I love turtles and tortoises! I have a red-eared slider. I've had her for 14 years. She wasn't a hatchling when I got her but she was still pretty young.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydoll View Post

Awwww, great pictures everyone! I love turtles and tortoises! I have a red-eared slider. I've had her for 14 years. She wasn't a hatchling when I got her but she was still pretty young.
Any pics? how large is she?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts