VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have become increasingly interested in healthy eating since doing a public policy paper on childhood obesity. I am in high school and participate in varsity basketball and baseball. My first attempt at "healthy" eating left me vary drained. I live at home and my parents generally do not purchase the most nutritional foods. Many days i substituted drinking water and going to bed for eating a dinner. Being that i vigorously work out at least once a day, within a week or two i constantly felt weak and easily fatigued. Then came the holidays where i was ripped from my attempts at dietary change being that i was around bad food all the time. I now wish to venture back and but this time to do it right with rounded diets and meals that will fulfill my energy needs. Any tips on a possible daily meal plan. Or the types of drinks, dairys, and grains i should be consuming would be great. Also i am not a vegetarian i do eat fish and chicken. I might be asking at the wrong place but tips on the best way to prepare each would be great. i think if i learn about what foods i need i can begin shopping for myself and maybe even help my other family member out a little in eating better. Thanks you very much for any help.

·
Registered
244 Posts
that's great that you want to get healthy, but i honestly doubt anyone here is going to give you advice on preparing meat. are you planning on going vegetarian at some point?

make sure your eating enough fruits and vegetables, also.

·
Registered
416 Posts
This is a vegetarian forum. Vegetarians don't eat fish or chicken. Perhaps you'd be better researching on a "healthy eating" forum?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i tried once and did it for about a year. i was often limited to only a basic salad every day for lunch and dinner. i decided to stop also my family did not support me in my attempt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im sorry if i offended you by asking questions like that on this site. i was just looking for a good site to get good information. after reading some forums i thought that most members were very well informed and helpful. Im sorry if i offended you by talking about meat on a vegetarian related website. i didnt mean to.

·
Registered
787 Posts
In an attempt to be maintain our "informed and healthful" reputation, here are a couple of links to sites concerned with healthy eating (both vegetarian and omnivorous) which contain meal suggestions or plans:

http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/agesandsta...rselfgorgeous/

http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/agesandsta...ns/weeklymenu/

http://www.healthyliving.gov.uk/healthyeating/

Congratulations for making the decision to take care of your health! With proper planning (as is needed for any healthful diet), vegetarianism can be a very healthy choice. Perhaps it might be worth reconsidering?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keelin View Post

Congratulations for making the decision to take care of your health! With proper planning (as is needed for any healthful diet), vegetarianism can be a very healthy choice. Perhaps it might be worth reconsidering?
Agreed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts