VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Any RPG fans?

3K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  Snowcone 
#1 ·
I've been playing RPGs since I got a free cartridge of Dragon Warrior for the NES with my subscription to Nintendo Power back in oh, about 1990. Some of my favorite RPGs are (Dragon Warrior, EarthBound, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy II, III, VII, and X, Suikoden, Wild Arms, Vandal Hearts, and Final Fantasy Tactics)

I've never gotten into any computer RPGs...Diablo is supposed to be good and my best friend plays it and she loves it.

I also played D+D and Magic: The Gathering when I was younger. I started a Dungeons and Dragons club in high school.

I was wondering actually if anyone on VB could recommend me some good console RPGs....lately all I've been playing is old Mario games and Perfect Dark with my friends. Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
The original Dragon Warrior roxors, so does FF7. Haven't played many video games lately so I don't have any recommendations. I stopped buying systems after SNES. Although the best racing game in the world, IMO, is Mario Kart Double Dash on the Gamecube.

~Wonder

#3 ·
Hi Wonder,

Yeah, I've been playing Dragon Warrior II and it really bites compared to the original. I loved FF7 when it came out....I played it again last winter and it was still just as good.

Haven't played Mario Kart Double Dash, but Mario Kart 64 is a lot better than the SNES original.

#11 ·
i've played a lot of the final fantasy games, and liked most of them. and chrono trigger is one of the greatest games ever. ah.

i don't really have the money for video games though, so i haven't played all that many RPGs haven't bought any video game in quite some time. and my friends don't let people borrow their games (and RPGs aren't really the sort of game to play with a bunch of friends) so i haven't played an RPG in awhile. so i don't have any recommendations really
err... vagrant story? is that considered an RPG? that game is amazing.

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaved_women View Post

Elena, if it's not too much of a bother, can you tell me more about Grandia and the Tales series...?
Grandia is like FF, from what I can see, in that it's very different each game. They're good games.

For the Tales series... well, Symphonia and Legendia are very addictive, have great music and battle systems, and have a system of skits and titles which are also fun. You could be walking on the world map, for example, and when you get to a point, you'll see something pop up in the corner of the screen that will let you know that there's a skit you can watch if you press a certain button. Then you can see the characters interacting.

#16 ·
Another fan of Final Fantasy (can't wait to get/play XII!) and I enjoyed Kingdom Hearts too. I also enjoyed the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games, though I'm not sure if they technically qualify as a RPG.

In real life, I've played D&D, Vampire, CyberPunk and WarHammer.

I love RPG's.

#18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Brandon View Post

Another fan of Final Fantasy (can't wait to get/play XII!) and I enjoyed Kingdom Hearts too. I also enjoyed the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games, though I'm not sure if they technically qualify as a RPG.

In real life, I've played D&D, Vampire, CyberPunk and WarHammer.

I love RPG's.
FFXII is great.

#21 ·
Well you can download and play versions of Ultima Online for free but you have to be careful that your getting it froma trusted server.

You can download from the mythic web sight a free trial of Dark Age of Camlot and such if you want to try them out.

Lots of fun I played Ultima online for 7 years myself.

I currecntly play DAoC and am eyeballing warhammer when it comes out

#24 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena99 View Post

FFXII is great.
You are the first person I've heard say one way or another. Please, please tell me that I will be able to play XII without being online. I was so miffed when I found out that XI was online-only.

What did you guys think about X-2? I played it, finished it, but I didn't like it as much as X. I think it was all the Garment Grid stuff.

#26 ·
Oh wow, that had to suck! I didn't have any trouble beating Sin, did it on the first try. My characters were pretty leveled-up, but not to the maximum. I only had a couple of the ultimate weapons too (I want to say I had Wakka's, Auron's and Lulu's). Some of those side quests were just ridiculously hard too! Like that lightning-jumping one? Sheesh!

My biggest problem with X-2 was that blitzball was basically totally different and not a big part of the game. I loved blitz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.