VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is everyone ringing in the New Year this year?

I am supposed to go to a club where they are having a "Cyber" or "Futuristic" night. You have to be dressed to the nines in cyber or futuristic fashion.

Bad part is that I don't have any clothes like this anymore. My major club days were a bit ago (dang, I shoulda saved some of that stuff).

Anyhow, being that my unemployment just ran out and I got no cash for Xmas, I need something cheap.

I might wrap some garbage bags around myself like a dress and do some Princess Lela stuff with my hair.

If I do, I'll post pictures.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I haven't done anything to celebrate the past few years. I did get an invitation to a house party this year. I haven't decided if I'm going to go, though. The part of me that loves to be with people wants to go but the lazy part of me wants to stay home and veg.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Im going to this pub called "Drayton Court" in West London (ealing).

we were planning on all wearing posh dresses (er not me i dont own one, so ill buy something nice this week) and shirts/ties for the blokes. but then discovered tonight its "back to school". 'cept dressing up in school uniform is SO boring (especially since im only 20 so its not like omg relive my youth, that was only 4 years ago!) sooo we're still going in nice dresses!

if anyone gets funny we'll say were going to the prom.

all busses in london are free new years eve =D

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Traditionally, a big-assed party with a food theme. This year, it's a "trip around the Mediterranean" for about 100.

I need to start cooking soon.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
I'll be waiting until people stop littering and noise-polluting the area with their stupid ****ing fireworks.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
We're staying home. I hate going out on big drinking holidays. The whole ride to and fro I white-knuckle it. But the boys and I found a Star Wars party guide at the library. So they are having sleepover guests and we will have a Star Wars NYE. (Why not? Everything else in my house is all star wars, all the time!) Anyhow, they have cute ideas like a death star pinata, and clone cupcakes, etc. Should be fun!

·
Banned
7,981 Posts
Everybody in my village goes on a pub crawl around the village pubs in their finest clothes. Serious drinking and carousing until the wee hours.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Normally I stay home and veg out, but this year I think i'll be hanging out with Carnelian, JJ1 and Garbanzo (and her other friends) at Garbanzo's apartment in Chicago. I imagine it will be the greatest time of my life.

Although a couple of years ago (ringing in 2004) I hung out in Atlanta with my friend, Vince. THAT was pretty fun. It was the first time i'd ever been to a gay bar and first impressions were spot on wonderful. Atlanta has nothing on Dallas in that regard though!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I'll be with friends, but likely none of us will be drinking. We'll probably play board games, watch movies and eat food. We do that on a lot of weekends, anyway, so it probably won't be much different than normal.

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Nothing planned yet. I might go over to a friends house for drinks, I might stay home and pack for my move. Packing for the move is winning right now. I'm honestly not fussed either way.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm not sure what we're going to do. This year the in-laws aren't here, and New Year's Day is our anniversary, so I really want to party. We'll probably eat sushi on New Year's Eve. I want to go downtown (there's a pub crawl type street), but I dunno about driving around on Amateur Night.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My dearest and I are joining our friends for an evening of blackjack, darts, and card games. I think the heaviest drinking going on will be a few wine coolers. Its all about the food on game nights... and this year I'm bringing some vegan baked goodies.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts