VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now that i've done a little bit more research, and thanks to the people who helped me with my last post, i've decided that cutting out all animal products from my diet isn't going to work. (my family hunts all the time) so i'm considering lacto-ovo vegetarianism. is there anyone out there who is a lacto-ovo who could give me some more information on it? thanks. any info is appriciated. :]

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Still. Maily to cook with. Cheese is my villian and eggs in some cooking for the family. I don't eat Cheese by itself, but in soup or on pizza. I don't drink milk. I don't eat eggs alone, but in muffins etc. I do take out the yolk for cholesterol's sake. I don't know if I will ever get off cheese. I have lived months without eggs when I didn't cook for the family, but they tend to gripe...loudly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i pretty much just want to know like how your family took the idea, if it's "easy" to work with at resturaunts, just general information on it if you could. :]

thanks so much.

·
Registered
564 Posts
well for one my family was supportive but i buy all of my food so and yes it is very easy to work with at resraunts most places will be more than happy to help you out and i mean i dont eat eggs but i still eat chesse and milk and stuff like that its really pretty easy not a big change, i would just suggest you figure out exactly what you want to eat and what you do want to eat like gelatin is in alot of things and and cheese and milk eggs to so i guess your first step would be to figure out exactly what you would eat and what you would not eat

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm thinking that i'm for sure going to cut out all meat, poultry, and fish. i really like eggs, my dad makes the best in the world, so it would be really hard for me to give up eggs. honestly, i don't drink just straight milk, but i do love cookies, ice cream, pretty much stuff with milk in it. but i know that soy milk is a good alternative and tastes pretty much the same when used in baking, so giving up milk i could do.

now that i kind of have an idea of what i want to/don't want to eat, any suggestions for meals/snacks/the like, and how to let my family know about my idea?

·
Registered
564 Posts
yeah of course atleast you know what you want that a good start i good job about cuting all meat out you shoulde be cautios about soup alot of soup as beef or chicken extract and for eggs even if you want you could get free range eggs or cage free do some research on the brand though to make sure it is free range and with the milk soy milk is awsome and there is plenty of web sites for meals or snacks here is one to try

http://vegweb.com/

·
Registered
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONELUCKyGiiRLx2 View Post

thank you so much :]

you are definitally the most helpful person i have talked to.
Your welcome i hope this was very helpful and i wish you luck on your way of being veggie congrats too btw it is an awsome lifestyle full of rewards

·
Registered
564 Posts
well dont be very nice about them not accepting it i mean still be respectful but dont let them push you into something i mean you might have do somethings like do chores around the house to get money to buy your own veggie stuff i mean its a very personall choice to be veggie dont let anyone change you mind

and eventually they will understand and if they dont its about you not about them

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah. so true. :]

thanks for all of the help.

question: where do you buy most of your veggie stuff from, other than raw veggies? like, i don't know of any places taht just have veggie stuff in my area.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I don't eat milk, but if you don't mind having it on occasion, restaurants should be fairly easy. Even so, I've never gone hungry when eating out. Sometimes, I just ask if I can have a certain dish without the cheese and it's usually no problem. As you said, it's not all that difficult to replace milk when you're cooking yourself.

How about picking out a few recipes that sound good, and offering to cook some for your family too? I'd opt for something using mainly basic ingredients that are in your kitchen anyway. Nuts, grains, beans, veggies etc.

I can get tofu, "milk" and "yoghurt" at the supermarket, certain beans (yellow moong dal, channa dal) and seasonings (e.g. fresh lemon grass, galangal, cilantro) at the asian grocery and nut butters, miso and spices at the HFS. They have nicer spice jars there

·
Registered
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONELUCKyGiiRLx2 View Post

yeah. so true. :]

thanks for all of the help.

question: where do you buy most of your veggie stuff from, other than raw veggies? like, i don't know of any places taht just have veggie stuff in my area.
where are you at?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts