VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a volunteer job at a local theatre as a props mistress....sounds sexy, huh? My only problem, I'm a theatre novice. A friend owns the theatre and thinks it will be a good place for me to meet people so, I said, COOL, I'll try.

My first show starts this fall, and it's a musical called HELLO AGAIN, based on the play LA RONDE by Arthur Schnitzler.

It's full of sex and nudity through several eras, and I have to decide what props would be appropriate.

Anybody familiar with the play? I've read it, and listened to the score and have some ideas, but suggestions are WELCOME...

Thx.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I wish I could be of a bit more help... I don't know the play, but I also have a volunteer job as a props mistress at a local theatre group. Scary!

Anyhoo... what's the play about? Any particular scenes you're having problems coming up with stuff for? I'd be happy to help

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically it's about SEX...nah, seriously it's about personal relationships throughout time in a circular sort of way - starts with a hooker and a soldier and ends up with a hooker and a soldier kind of thing. Sort of "story remains the same, regardless of the time" situation.

After reading and doing a little net research, I'm thinking that fewer props might be better since the focus of the play is on the people and the relationships.

Whooo knows?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I've seen the play before, but can't recommend any props b/c I don't know the director's theme. If the director is going for minimalist modernism, you probably won't need many props. If the director is doing a period piece, you'll need props from that time frame.

Don't panic--just ask the director what his/her vision of the production is and how the props will fit into it. Most directors (in my experience) are control freaks when it comes to "their" shows, so I'm sure he/she would be more than willing to give you some ideas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts