VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my second Coldplay cd, and, as with the first, I love it, too. I think their songs are very meaningful and very mellow. I always listened to musicians like Pink, Puddle of Mud, Aerosmith, etc. while working out at the gym, but lately, I have been listening to Coldplay. I find that their music actually mellows me out to the point that I end up working out longer and I am able to pace myself much better.

Anyone else like them like I do??

·
Registered
178 Posts
I LOVE Coldplay!!! I only have one of their CD's..I forgot what it is called but it is the one with the song "Yellow" on it. It is definetly one of my favorite CD's!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
candycane - The cd I got today was the one with Yellow on it - Parachute. I love it, too. The second cd that Coldplay put out, A Rush of Blood to the Head, is also awesome. It has the song, Clocks, on it. I think I like A Rush of Blood to the Head best. It's the one I've been taking with me to the gym. Glad to find another fan!! We are so cool!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I would love Coldplay if Chris Martin wasn't the lead singer

Having said that, I've been listening to A Rush Of Blood.. an awful lot recently, and I think it's a pretty cool album. I wasn't too keen on Parachutes, though...

Maybe they're trying too hard to be like Radiohead... but you really can't blame them for that

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yeah Parachute..that is it..i couldn't think of it...I am going to have to get the second CD now!!! And yes we are cool! hehehe...maybe I will download clocks right now

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I might change the ringer on my cell phone to Clocks instead of Family Portrait.

Gazumper - just wondering...why don't you like Chris Martin?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I am a fan of Coldplay and I too have the one CD "parachutes." I only recently became a fan - I had heard the song "yellow" and liked it, but had no idea who sang it. I was at my friend's apartment and her roommate was upstairs studying and listening to music. All of a sudden "yellow' came on and I asked her who it was by and she told me. I went out that day to buy the CD and I really like it. I tried to find the other CD today when I was at wal - mart, but alas, our wal-mart sucks and does not carry such rare CDs. I guess a trip to the record store is in order.
Glad to find other fans.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion aarealskei- we have one in Toledo which is not too far from me. I am making a trip there this weekend so I will definitely check them out.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by aarealskei

I think I might change the ringer on my cell phone to Clocks instead of Family Portrait.

Gazumper - just wondering...why don't you like Chris Martin?
To be honest, I just really reaaaally dislike his voice! I'm sure he's a nice bloke really...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm a HUGE Coldplay fan. They're music is so.. meaningful and deep. I'm really big on lyrics.. and they're lyrical geniuses.

I'd do about anything to see them live. I (literally) live in the middle of nowhere.. their nearest concert was 5 hours from here, and I didn't find out about it until 2 days before the concert. The tickets were sold out by the time I got to ticketmaster.com.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I love the song Green Eyes. I played this one for my husband and told him that was my song to him. Every time I hear that one, I think of him.

·
Registered
0 Posts
People may think im crazy (too late)

But coldplay (well chris martin) reminds me of moby...

maybe its just the shaved head... who would know..

danny

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I like Coldplay. Can't picture myself working out to it. Maybe hiking in the mountains with it playing on an iPod.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.