VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i usually buy it from toms of maine, but i recently developed an alergy to it or summf'n. ( fun stuff, i'm allergic to everything!... well, that's not exactly true).

anyway! i need to buy one now. i was hoping something that's easy to find in normal stores, and not in health food stores and all those good places that i usually buy it from.

so do you ahve any suggestions anyone? i'd really like to buy it tomorrow. so i'd appreciate a quick responce if you have one.

thank you all very much in advance.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I honestly can't think of any natural ones on the market except Tom's which you were using. (Tom's of Maine is now owned by Cologate Palmolive - do you really want to support them anyhow?)

I think the reason there aren't any is because there aren't any 'natural' antipersperent ingredients. You will find lots of natural 'deodorants' though.

Your body needs to perspire to get rid of toxins. If you block this natural occurance, the toxins stay in your body - not good. It is an urban myth and much debated that antipersperants cause breast cancer. It makes sense to me though - where else would those toxins have to go if you block your persperations? They will just build up in your body.

Sorry, I ranted there for a second but ....I think a person just needs a deodorant not an antipersperant. That is just my belief though.

Here is an article about antipersperants with a recipe for a natural one that you can make at home:

http://www.savvyvegetarian.com/artic...d=3&menu2_id=4

I actually used to use cornstarch (mixed with a little baking soda - otherwise it is harsh on your skin) and it does work - in most situations! I think if you were working out though it would fail. If I was stressed out, I noticed it seemed to not work as well and I would perspire. I now just use a deorodant (Kiss My Face Roll ON Patchouli)

Worth a try though for the cornstarch though. One downside is that is mess to put on of course.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i see a lot of things mentioned that i was going to say!

I'm interested in this issue right now cause i was on a quest to find one for ages that wasnt tested on animals and mitchum was all i came up with that contains aluminum... however... i recently found out that i have toxic levels of that in my body so i had to switch to something without it. I found that i hate all the natural ones. I dont stink, but i cant wear something that is just deodorant... it has to be antiperspirant as well. I really like the Kiss my face "peaceful pacthouli" This contains potassium alum. supposed to be a natural form of aluminum that most people say is pretty safe i guess? I have yet to find a source that says it's safe that isnt actually selling the product, but I am guessing it's better then the aluminum ones... I'm planning on asking my holistic dr when i see him next
I dont know if that helps or not, but good luck!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have been using this one with great results. I have to put it on every day (as opposed to just after cleaning) but it really works nicely.

For some reason I cant post a direct picture. The link works though.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've heard that baking soda (mixed with water or something else I guess) works about as good as anything else for deororant.

Edit: This wouldn't be an anti-perspirant, tho. I'm leary of anti-perspirants in general b/c they all seem to use some kind of metal compound in them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts