VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.geocities.com/rainforest/.../hatemail.html

I thought I'd point out this anti-vegan website (it's geocities, so don't be suprised if the bandwith maxes out).

I'm not posting to mock the anti-vegans. Everyone is entitled to their opinion courtesy of free speech. What I'm concerned about are the 'hatemails' sent to the site owner by vegans. It's clear that the owner of this site is a hard-core carnivore, and no amount of hate mail or mockery will change his ways. In fact, I'd daresay that he WANTS hate mail. All the more fuel for his fire.

So my message to vegans and vegetarians who come across anti-vegan/vegetarian websites is 'ignore them'. Anti-Vegans have the right to say what they like, but don't forget that we also have the right NOT to listen.

If no-one pays any attention to them, they fail in their objective to mock vegans. As '2 the Ranting Gryphon' said "It's fun to poke a bunny that squirms, but no fun at all to poke a bunny that just sits there."

·
Registered
349 Posts
most of the emails on the hatemail page seem to be from complete idiots if you ask me.

i get the feeling this site as just a joke or spoof page and the owner is in fact a vegetarian.

eta: i just realised i typed "pwner" instead of "owner"... heh i've never done that before.

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kula View Post

If no-one pays any attention to them, they fail in their objective to mock vegans. As '2 the Ranting Gryphon' said "It's fun to poke a bunny that squirms, but no fun at all to poke a bunny that just sits there."
Definately. Most of the responses do way more harm for the vegetarian image than any "anti-vegan".

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I just looked and I can't find it anymore.
It was a site purportedly run by a fundamentalist Christian about how Dungeons & Dragons, video games, and other roleplaying activities were evil and turned your kids to Satan.

The graphics included a black background decorated with spinning, flaming red pentacles. As you read further, the site eventually decried all board games (I seem to recall CandyLand got a lot of vitriol) and random objects (clear-topped washing machines, because kids "might see underwear and get impure thoughts") as the work of Satan.

The owner really ran it as a joke so he could post the hilarious hate-mails he received.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Well my Wiccan friend was here when I typed that, and I asked him if the star-in-circle he wore around his neck was a pentagram or a pentacle, and he said pentacle and that's what they looked like.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medesha View Post

Well my Wiccan friend was here when I typed that, and I asked him if the star-in-circle he wore around his neck was a pentagram or a pentacle, and he said pentacle and that's what they looked like.
Oh okay.... Must be the same name. (The "pentagram" name has probably fallen out of vogue due to bad connotations.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts