VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I LOVE yogurt and so do my kiddos. BUT, I stopped buying the Yoplait 'cause it has HFCS in it, and have recently started buying Stonyfield Farm Organic.

We loved all the yummy flavors with Yoplait, but I haven't been able to find another brand with similar varieties. So what's your favorite yogurt AND please post your fav. flavors too!

Thanks for the help!

Michelle in Florida

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I like the activia stuff. Sweetened plain. If you haven't tried it, give it a chance, don't be scared off because it's plain. It is delicious.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Yogurt?

I never liked dairy yogurt. Since switching to soy milk, I tried the vegan version of yogurt, and it's just as bad.

So I don't have recommendations, but I am curious. Where in Florida are you? I'm in Boynton Beach (Palm Beach County).

--Fromper

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I'm not sure how widely available it is, but I buy Pinehedge plain. It comes in a returnable glass jar, which I like. I mix it with jam or jelly (black currant, ginger and raspberry jam are particularly good), maple syrup or honey, as well as using it in cooking (mainly Indian food, but also to perk up squash soup or in dips).

I also made lime-vanilla yoghurt once with whole vanilla beans, cornstarch, sugar and lime juice, but that was pretty involved.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Yogurt?

I never liked dairy yogurt. Since switching to soy milk, I tried the vegan version of yogurt, and it's just as bad.

So I don't have recommendations, but I am curious. Where in Florida are you? I'm in Boynton Beach (Palm Beach County).

--Fromper

Yeah, I tried the Silk soy yogurt and wasn't too fond of it. Although I do like the Silk soy milk.

We're in Jacksonville, not sure how far Boyton Beach is?

Michelle

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelDime View Post

If you eat dairy, Fage's greek yogurt is awesome. I flavor it myself with fruits and nuts. Delicious.
Never heard of it?

But I have heard that Greek yogurt overall has a better taste than Americanized yogurt. Maybe I'll look for some next time I take a trip to the HFS.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Michelle

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flvegnewbie View Post

Yeah, I tried the Silk soy yogurt and wasn't too fond of it. Although I do like the Silk soy milk.

We're in Jacksonville, not sure how far Boyton Beach is?

Michelle
I'm down in Palm Beach County, so nowhere near you. About 5 hours drive south, straight down I95.

--Fromper

·
Registered
141 Posts
WHOLE SOY VANILLA. (it's really sweet though if you're used to plain)

Seriously though, I tried a bunch of different soy yogurt flavors and they all seemed gray and a little disturbing to eat. Then I tried this, and it's the only flavor I buy.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicCandle View Post

Brown cow is great. Its not vegan though, i think ill miss it if/when i go completely vegan.
I went to their website, but there are no stores that sell it in my area!!

It does sound like a really yummy yogurt though, lots of yummy flavors!!

Michelle

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by catswym View Post

whole soy. my fav is cherry followed closely by blueberry.
I'll look for the Whole Soy next time I go shopping, since I've gotten two recommendations on this brand!

Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Michelle

·
Banned
1,061 Posts
I LOVEEEE Wallaby Organic Yogurt. It's dairy though which I why I had to give it up but I miss it like crazy. It was one of my main foods. Their Strawberry and Strawberry-Banana were my favorites. At Whole Foods they sold for $0.89 each but it was cheaper to buy them by the case.

Damn, I miss them.
If I find that I can't handle not having them in my diet then I might go back. So far I have found all the soy yogurts to be inedible.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Whole Foods brand, fat free plain kind

I'll usually blend in some preserves or something to give it flavor, or some bananas, or pureed fruit, or stevia!

Plain yogurt with stevia is the bomb

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookle View Post

I like the activia stuff. Sweetened plain. If you haven't tried it, give it a chance, don't be scared off because it's plain. It is delicious.
Back it up, back it up, back it up. I take it all back - - as it turns out, gelatin is present in this one. GRRRRRAAHHHHH!!!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I'm generally happy with any kind of organic plain stuff with live cultures.

I have yet to find a soy one that isn't flavored, though. I can't stand flavored yogurt.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts