VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Riot Nrrrd
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight's episode of Food Network Challenge was won by a vegan.

The winner of 'Doughnut Champions' (Sara Beth Russert of Seattle's Mighty-O Doughnuts) won with all vegan doughnuts. She received praise for her skill with flavors, which one judge attributed to her veganism.

So take that omnis

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
i just watched that tonight too! Good for her. Unfortunately, the vegan, GF cupcake maker got voted off right off the bat on Cupcake wars.

·
Riot Nrrrd
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish they would have shown more (meaning anything at all) of the dough being made. Vegan doughnuts seem almost like a secret art. Cupcake recipes are all over the place, but doughnuts I can't recall even one.

It looked like the only person to get a non-vegan ingredient in the secret basket was the vegan! It was funny though. She should have gotten a bonus point to compensate, since she had 3 ingredients to choose from to every one else's 4. Won that round anyway, so ultimately it didn't matter.

(And I edited my initial post with the correct name of the contestant)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mighty-O Donuts are delicious!! I was just thinking about how I would buy some next time I went to the store right before I read this, too!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

:O

I want a vegan doughnut.
I made some the other day. Soooo good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's great that vegans are getting some recognition lately on Food Network. They really should have a vegetarian or vegan cooking show by now.

I've only made donuts once, with the glazed donut recipe from My Sweet Vegan. They were a bit of trouble with the mixing, dough rising, hole cutting, and frying, but sooooo worth it.
*Note to self: Make these again very, very soon!

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Oh wow, that's so awesome!

This is making me even more excited too, a new all vegan bakery is opening up close to my house in a few days. Donuts shall be mine! It's been well over a year of watching my boyfriend eat non-vegan donuts and drooling, so I'm more than ready!

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

This is making me even more excited too, a new all vegan bakery is opening up close to my house in a few days. Donuts shall be mine!
Donuts just sitting there within walking distance all the time?!
That wouldn't be good for me.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Wow, it's exciting to hear that vegans are getting so much praise on TV lately! Awesome

1 - 13 of 13 Posts