VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ALL! A little about me: I woke up a few weeks ago and did a little personal "spring cleaning." I gave up meat, cigarettes, and alcohol. I know, a BIG BIG change all at once. I kicked the smokes for a week, the alcohol I can take or leave, but the meat has pretty much stayed gone. My motivation was health related. I ate a little fish (yeah, I know fish is meat!) for a few days. I think there's still some in the freezer, but after reading some of the factory farm stuff out there, fish has even lost it's appeal. Never a big milk drinker....and less of a cheese eater than ever now, I'm feeling MUCH BETTER! So, I'm here working through the veg*n thing and finding tons of great info. Not sure if I'll ever get past the ovo-lacto stage (I hate egg yolks TOO!), but HEY, you never know.

FYI, my ex-hubby was on a diet a few years ago and we found some great recipes in a cookbook called "Fat Free and Flavor Full." Lots of whole grains, legumes, and veggie recipes -- good stuff! All for now, any tips for kicking smokes successfully would be appreciated, I'm 32 and have been trying for many, many moons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts