VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've been on this new lifestyle for about 2 months. Thanks to my daughter and grand-daughter. I'm now in the process of converting all my "oldies but goodies" recipes. It's been fun, a few yucks but mostly, Hey!, that taste like the 'real' thing. Now if I can find a really good faux meatloaf recipe, I'll be a happy camper.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Congratulations on making the switch! I never liked the "real" meatloaf, so I can't help you with a substitute, but you can find all kinds of vegan recipes at www.vegweb.com.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
i happen to have a great nutloaf recipe..

vegan or vegetarian.

Nut Loaf

2 cups cooked, brown rice (cooled some so you do not burn your hands)

1 1/4 cup nuts (I used walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pecans and cashews at least 3 of these sometimes all), finely grounded (used a food processor) (any works but it takes a different taste)

1 cup whole grain bread crumbs (i used prepackage bread crumbs)

2 tbsp lemon juice

1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion

3 eggs or replacement (if you are not vegan i would use the eggs until you learn how to use replacer well)

1 tsp salt

3 tbsp nutritional yeast

poultry seasonings ( or one for seafood and pork it is ok they are vegan)

pepper and garlic to taste (i tend to add whatever seasonings fit my fancy at the moment as well)

Combine all ingredients. Pack into an oiled loaf pan. Brush top with oil. Cover and bake at 350 F for 30-40 minutes. you want it to become browned just as a meat loaf does. and be sure the inside is done as you would with meatloaf.

Enjoy!

wonderful with gravy and mashed pototoes

here is a pic after it was sliced
LL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.