VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share something that my fiancee,we will call him "BT", did for me on our 7 year "anniversary".

First of all, I am a vegan and "BT"eats anything he can find. He is extremely compassionate and loves animals(a major factor in our successful realtionship)but he refuses to let me tell him anything I know. I think he is afraid of converting.

Anyway, he made me close my eyes for 20 mins and we arrived at this vegan/organic restaurant downtown called 'The Dragonfly'. he even ordered a plate of seiten and miso.

Aside from the menu this restaurant was not his style. It was very chic and about $30 a plate. It was the nicest thing.

Better yet when I asked him why he did it he said he felt bad that when we ate out or at a friends house I had to be around something I did not believe in.

Don't get me wrong he gets annoyed with my "crusade" at times but this evening was perfect.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awww, what a sweety! Tell me to close my eyes for 20 minutes and I'm sleeping like a baby...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. But you were probably too excited. How romantic!

·
Registered
230 Posts
That was very sweet of him to do!! So if he's so nice why have you guys been engaged for 7 years?? Get married and have vegan babies already!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's so funny! I knew someone may be curious about such a long engagement. First off, we met when he was 17 And I was 20

(yes, I robbed the cradle) and second, not all great guys come from great families.

I am not here to judge but his mom and I see things diiferently.

Among some of our indifferences-she uses her bill money to buy drugs.Then she calls us to borrow money(with no ability to pay us back). One time she we did not have the money to loan her so she called his grandma(her mom) and said that 'BT'(my fiancee)

had to have $300 to keep him from losing his truck! Well word travels fast and we found out about it from a cousin!So embarassing!

Anyway, We have been through a lot and we really wanted things to be at least civil in the family.

Good news though! The date is set for a romantic cruise next april to the virgin islands where we will exchange hand written vows on the beach!

As for children, we are not really interested in becoming parents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts